2013 State Of The Union Time & TV Channel: When & Where To Watch Obama's Address
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 13, 2013 8:23 AM EST
The 2013 State of the Union is this evening, and it will be one of the biggest speeches of President Barack Obama's presidency.
Obama will deliver the remarks before a joint session of the U.S. Congress beginning at 9 p.m. EST tonight, and you can catch all the action via live TV or free online live stream.
Almost any network you turn on tonight will be broadcasting the event, but here's the list of channels carrying it so you can plan your viewing ahead of time: CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS, C-Span, C-Span 2, Fox, Fox News, MSNBC, Bloomberg TV, Current TV, Telemundo and Mun 2.
Many of these channels will run pre-address commentary beginning earlier in the evening, so tune in early if you want to educate yourself about the speech before the president steps up to the podium.
If you don't have a TV or would prefer to watch the address online on your computer, smartphone or tablet device, simply click this link to watch the White House's official enhanced live stream of Obama's speech. This feed can also be used to augment your watching experience as you view the address on your television.
The historic remarks, which are of especially great import as they come at the outset of Obama's second term in the White House, will help to set the tone for the final four years of his presidency, and will illuminate his policy priorities and goals going forward.
"President Obama will update Americans on the most important issues facing our country in his State of the Union Address on Tuesday February 12, at 9 pm ET," reads an announcement on the White House homepage.
Reducing gun violence is one of the most divisive tasks facing Americans, and politicos are predicting that tonight's remarks could reveal a lot about Obama's intentions for how to address this urgent problem.
But immigration is also front and center tonight, as Obama has signaled that he will make it one of the centerpieces of his second-term domestic policy plan.
And the theater of the traditional speech is one more reason to tune in and watch the State of the Union live tonight, so make sure you don't miss it.
Click play below to watch an official White House video introducing the American public to this year's State of the Union address:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- US And Australia Share Visa And Immigration Information
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October