2013 State Of The Union Time & TV Channel: When & Where To Watch Obama's Address
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 13, 2013 8:23 AM EST
The 2013 State of the Union is this evening, and it will be one of the biggest speeches of President Barack Obama's presidency.
Obama will deliver the remarks before a joint session of the U.S. Congress beginning at 9 p.m. EST tonight, and you can catch all the action via live TV or free online live stream.
Almost any network you turn on tonight will be broadcasting the event, but here's the list of channels carrying it so you can plan your viewing ahead of time: CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS, C-Span, C-Span 2, Fox, Fox News, MSNBC, Bloomberg TV, Current TV, Telemundo and Mun 2.
Many of these channels will run pre-address commentary beginning earlier in the evening, so tune in early if you want to educate yourself about the speech before the president steps up to the podium.
If you don't have a TV or would prefer to watch the address online on your computer, smartphone or tablet device, simply click this link to watch the White House's official enhanced live stream of Obama's speech. This feed can also be used to augment your watching experience as you view the address on your television.
The historic remarks, which are of especially great import as they come at the outset of Obama's second term in the White House, will help to set the tone for the final four years of his presidency, and will illuminate his policy priorities and goals going forward.
"President Obama will update Americans on the most important issues facing our country in his State of the Union Address on Tuesday February 12, at 9 pm ET," reads an announcement on the White House homepage.
Reducing gun violence is one of the most divisive tasks facing Americans, and politicos are predicting that tonight's remarks could reveal a lot about Obama's intentions for how to address this urgent problem.
But immigration is also front and center tonight, as Obama has signaled that he will make it one of the centerpieces of his second-term domestic policy plan.
And the theater of the traditional speech is one more reason to tune in and watch the State of the Union live tonight, so make sure you don't miss it.
Click play below to watch an official White House video introducing the American public to this year's State of the Union address:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- US-led Coalition Has Launched First Airstrike vs. ISIS in Syria – Pentagon
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia
- ISIS Used 'GTA 5' in Teen Recruitment Video, Violent Games Help Gain More Followers
- Chilling: Group Deadlier Than ISIS Had Risen
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4