Obama’s Israel Itinerary Leaked
By Maya Shwayder | February 13, 2013 7:25 AM EST
Israeli outlet YNetNews received a leaked version of U.S. President Barack Obama’s itinerary for his upcoming trip to Israel in mid-March.
Israel is one of several states that the President will visit during his trip to the Middle East next month. He is also expected to make stops in Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Jordan, and also meet with leaders from the Palestinian Authorities in Ramallah.
It will be Obama’s first official visit to Israel since being elected. He previously visited in 2008 when he was campaigning for the Presidency.
The White House did not confirm that this was the official itinerary, and merely said the actual schedule would be released at a later date, probably in March, according to one spokesman.
Here is the itinerary as leaked to YNet News:
*Arrival at Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv around noon local time on March 20.
*Attend state reception, at which he, Israeli President Shimon Peres, and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanayhu will speak.
*Fly to Jerusalem for a reception at Peres’ residence.
*Visit the Holocaust Museum with Peres and Netanyahu, thenlay a wreath in the Hall of Remembrance
*Visit Mount Herzl and the tomb of Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, who was assassinated in 1995.
*Meeting at the Prime Minister’s residence with small delegations to discuss Iran, Syria, the peace process with the Palestinians, and possibly the fate of Jonathan Pollard, a U.S. citizen who was caught spying on the U.S. for Israel and is currently in jail in the U.S..
*Press conference, followed by a staff dinner.
*Morning meeting in Ramallah with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas. It is unclear if any Israeli delegations are scheduled to join them.
*Return to Jerusalem by noon.
*Visit with Netanyahu to see a model of Second Temple Period Jerusalem, and the Shrine of the Book, which house the Dead Sea Scrolls.
*Visit an exhibition at the Israel Museum showcasing Israel’s technology and agriculture sectors.
*Speech to the Israeli public at either the Israel Museum or the International Convention Center in Jerusalem. Anticipated audience of at least 1,000.
*Ceremonial dinner with Peres
*Breakfast with Netanyahu, either at Netanyahu’s residence or the King David Hotel.
*Visit with Netanyahu to inspect an Iron Dome battery and meet Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) soliders.
*Farewell ceremony at 1 pm, followed by departure to Jordan.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- Australia Races Against Potential Genocide In Iraq
- Ukraine Crisis: Putin Dangles Nuclear War Threat, US Senators Advise Sending Defensive Weapons
- James Foley Is A Spy – Jihadi Recruiter Reveals
- Kiwi Couple Sues Lawyers for Denial of Holiday Perk in Luxury Resort
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports