Galaxy S2 I9100 Tastes WanamLite Based Android
4.1.2 XWLSD Custom ROM
Galaxy S2 I9100 users can now taste WanamLite ROM based Android 4.1.2 XWLSD Jelly Bean custom firmware, with due credit to industrious WanamLite custom ROM developers. The custom ROM brings a host of new features and performance optimisations including tweaks for speed and battery life.
Here is the complete list of features supported by WanamLite Android 4.1.2 XWLSD Jelly Bean ROM:
WanamLite Android 4.1.2 XWLSD Jelly Bean ROM Features
Galaxy S2 I9100 Tastes WanamLite Based Android 4.1.2 XWLSD Custom ROM [How to Install]
- Based on latest Jelly Bean base LSD
- Repacked Stock Kernel + Safe CWM (Thanks to Philz)
- Deodexed & Rooted & Zipaligned & Busybox
- Pure StockThemed
- Aroma installer
- Unlimited SMS recipient list
- No SMS to MMS convert
- Automatic SMS encoding (Arabic support)
- Numeric Circle battery (Optional on Aroma)
- 23 customizsable Status bar + Numeric Circle battery (Optional on Aroma)
- Numeric Circle battery (Optional on Aroma)
- Tweaked Speed & Battery life
- Disabled scrolling cache
- Debloated (Removed Apps available on Aroma installer)
- Large APN list
- No incremental ringtone
- Enabled Call recording
- EnabledRipple effecton Stock Lockscreen (Optional on Aroma)
- 4 Way reboot
- 4 Shortcuts on the Lockscreen
- Clean build.prop for best Market compatibility
- Kies support
- Call Button on Contacts List (You can hide it from Aroma installer)
- Stock dialer buttons
- Hacked Email App
- UnlimitedWifi APclients
- Unlimited Contact joining
- Disabled Shutter on Apps
- Moved All system apps on Preload partition to get more space on System partition
- Swype keyboard (Optional on Aroma)
- Enabled Shutter sound menu on Camera
- Tweaked CPU sampling rate for better battery life
- Unlimited MultiView Control
- MultiCSC:127 CSC
- Enabled Exit button on the Browser
- Stock Arabic Fonts (optional)
- Arabic Right to Left Fix (Optional)
- Google Plus & Magazines moved to Aroma options
- Disabled Signature check with 23 toggles (optional)
- Removed USB OTG wakelocks
- Media Scanner fix
NOTE: IBTimes UK will not be held responsible if the device is damaged or bricked during or after the firmware installation. Users must proceed at their own risk.
Key Points to Note
- WanamLite Android 4.1.2 XWLSD ROM and the instructions given in this guide are applicable for the international variant Galaxy S2 I9100 model only and will not work with any other device. Verify the device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed for the Galaxy S2 on the computer. Download Galaxy S2 I9100 USB drivers.
- Backup important data and settings on the phone using one of the recommended custom recovery tools such as ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP, which creates a complete image of your existing phone set up. Avoid using either Samsung KIES or ROM manager for data backup as they lack flexible options.
- Make sure that USB Debugging mode is enabled on the phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (if the device is running Android 4.0 or later) or Settings > Applications > Development (if the device is running Android 2.3.6 or earlier).
- Ensure that the device is factory unlocked (not locked to a specific carrier) and has at least 85 percent battery charge.
- Do a Dalvik cache Wipe before continuing from the recovery mode.
- Samsung KIES will not recognise the phone after installing the firmware, as it is a custom release.
- Verify that the device is rooted with CWM recovery pre-installed on it.
How to Install WanamLite Android 4.1.2 XWLSD Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy S2 I9100
Step 1 - Download WanamLite Android 4.1.2 XWLSD custom ROM for Galaxy S2 on your computer.
Step 2 - Connect and mount the phone's USB mass storage on the computer with original USB cable.
Step 3 - Now, copy the downloaded Android 4.1.2 WanamLite ROM zip file to the root folder on the phone's SDcard.
Step 4 - Then power off the phone and disconnect the USB cable from computer.
Step 5 - Boot into Recovery Mode with a button sequence. To do so, turn on the phone by pressing and holding Volume Up, Menu and Power buttons together until the device boots into CWM recovery.
Step 6 - In CWM recovery, perform a full data wipe first. Then browse to Flash zip from SD card option and tap Power button to select it.
Step 7 - Hit the Power button again and click Choose zip from SD card.
Step 8 - Now, use volume keys to navigate to Android 4.1.2 WanamLite ROM zip file copied to SD card earlier and select it by tapping the Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on the next screen and the installation procedure will begin.
Step 9 - Once the ROM installation is complete, hit Go Back and reboot the phone by choosing Reboot System Now in the Recovery menu. The phone will reboot and the first boot might take about 5 minutes to complete. So, leave it alone.
Galaxy S2 I9100 is now running WanamLite Android 4.1.2 XWLSD Jelly Bean custom ROM. Go to Settings > About phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: