Barclays’ Strategic Review: Antony Jenkins’ New Legacy
By Lianna Brinded | February 12, 2013 10:49 PM EST
Barclays is slashing nearly 4,000 jobs as part of a multi-billion pound cost-cutting transformation led by new chief executive Antony Jenkins.
Although, full-year earnings tumbled amid mis-selling and rate-setting scandals to £246m ($384m; €287m), from £5.879bn in the 2011, Barclays shares surged.
Since Jenkins took office, he has vehemently declared to the public, politicians and his shareholders that he will transform the bank's reputation and culture and strengthen oversight, supervision and controls in order to prevent a spate of scandals from happening again.
For the special live blog and commentary of Barclays' Strategic Review, click here.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Travel Alert: Australia Mulls To Review Airport Security Policy, Could Allow Scissors, Metal Cutlery Back In Planes
- 5 Likely Reasons Why You Are Not Getting Hired
- This Is How Obesity Weighs Down Global Economy By 2 Trillion Dollars Every Year
- Consumer Alert: Retailer Simons Goes Out Of Quebec, To Open Five Stores Across Canada
- Signs That You Are A Smartphone Zombie (And The Dangers This Poses)
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft