Barclays’ Strategic Review: Antony Jenkins’ New Legacy
By Lianna Brinded | February 12, 2013 10:49 PM EST
Barclays is slashing nearly 4,000 jobs as part of a multi-billion pound cost-cutting transformation led by new chief executive Antony Jenkins.
Although, full-year earnings tumbled amid mis-selling and rate-setting scandals to £246m ($384m; €287m), from £5.879bn in the 2011, Barclays shares surged.
Since Jenkins took office, he has vehemently declared to the public, politicians and his shareholders that he will transform the bank's reputation and culture and strengthen oversight, supervision and controls in order to prevent a spate of scandals from happening again.
For the special live blog and commentary of Barclays' Strategic Review, click here.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate