SAIL Q3 Net Slips 23 Percent, Misses Estimates
February 12, 2013 9:12 PM EST
State-owned Steel Authority of India reported a 23 percent drop in quarterly profit, weighed by higher input and wage costs and sluggish sales.
SAIL, India's largest domestic steel producer, said December quarter net profit fell to 4.84 billion rupees from 6.3 billion a year earlier. Net sales fell marginally to 104.95 billion rupees.
Analysts on average had forecast a net profit of 5.7 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters Starmine data.
At 2.20 p.m. (0850 GMT), SAIL shares were trading 0.5 percent lower in a firm Mumbai market.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier