iPad 5 vs Xperia Tablet Z: Apple rumours and new Sony tablet review footage [VIDEO]
By Arlene Paredes | February 12, 2013 5:21 PM EST
iPad 5 release date will fall sometime in October, says the many rumours surrounding Apple iOS devices. Sony could be ready by then, judging from the Xperia Tablet Z videos now enticing gadget watchers on YouTube.
iPad 5 - Thinner, Better Resolution
In a Digitimes report, iPad 5 "will reportedly use the same G/F2 (DITO) thin-film type touch screen structure" which made it possible for the iPad mini to be ultra slim at 7.2 mm. The screen size will reportedly stay at 9.7-inch.
The iPad 4th generation, aka iPad 4, is fueled by Apple A6X and 1.4 GHz dual core Apple Swift under the hood. The upcoming iPad 5 is rumoured to hold within a more powerful system-on-chip and processor. With the 128GB storage now officially announced, Apple shoppers can expect that iPad 5 will have the same amount of maximum storage.
Xperia Tablet Z - Thinner than iPad mini
Xperia Tablet Z is said to weigh only 495 g. The full-sized Sony tablet reportedly features a 10.1-inch Full HD display and measures 6.9 mm slim - that is even skinnier than iPad mini. Xperia Tablet Z is "thinner than pretty much any tablet we've heard of," says a Tablet Z reviewer.
According to Phone Arena, the Xperia Tablet Z videos were filmed in Japan during an NTT DoCoMo sprint portfolio event. (Scroll down for the video.)
On top of that, Tablet Z uses the same technology features that make the Sony Xperia Z smartphone waterproof and dustproof. Earlier rumours suggested Tablet Z will have a quad-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor and 2GB of RAM.
The new Sony flagship tablet runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean out of the box. "It's Sony's skin anyway, so it doesn't make a huge amount of difference," says the reviewer, who also noted he is uncertain whether the tablet would make it out of Japan. Rumours say aloud that it will, and Sony could compete with Apple iPad 5 in this exciting year of tablet innovations.
As Apple rumours persist and Xperia Tablet Z videos have come out, which tablet gets the thrill going for more gadget shoppers?
VIDEO: Sony Xperia Z tablet Hands on 2013 [NewsTechChannel]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight