Samsung Galaxy S3 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update Now Available from Telstra
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 12, 2013 3:35 PM EST
Australian network Telstra started rolling out the latest Jelly Bean update for its Samsung Galaxy S3 handsets ahead of US carriers. The company has recently started to update the Galaxy S2 to Jelly Bean in some regions, and now customers of Telstra have reported receiving the 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update to their Galaxy S3.
This is the latest version of the Android operating system that is currently available for the handset, and has been available for the International version of the smartphone for a while now. The new software brings with it the Premium Suite of new features that includes the popular Samsung Multi Window option that allows two applications to be run at the same time side by side on the display.
According to Ausdroid, the update was originally scheduled to start rolling out back on February 4 but was quickly pulled shortly after it begun to be pushed out. The carrier has now resumed the update.
Samsung Galaxy S3 was named as the best device/smartphone of 2012. The tech giant's best-selling phone of 2012 boasts a big 4.8 inch super AMOLED screen display, a quad-core processor, expandable storage, 4G/LTE connectivity and NFC support, and a 2100 mAh battery.
Last month, rumours are flying that Androidv4.2 Jelly Bean update for Samsung Galaxy S3 will be released on the first quarter of this year.
The 4.2 version of the Android Jelly Bean is the improved upgrade of the OS and is expected to be an incremental update. The latest update will supposedly bring many new features in Android operating system. Some of such known features include improved Google functions, photo sphere, gesture enabled keyboard, Daydream and new settings options.
However, Photo Sphere is the popular feature that will be included in Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update. This feature will let a user click a 360 degree Google Street View from the camera.
Currently, only Google Nexus 4 is running the latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean and Google has already pushed Android 4.2 update for Galaxy Nexus as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid