LG Nexus 4 to Receive Androidv4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update this Month?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 12, 2013 3:19 PM EST
Rumour has it that the popular LG Nexus 4 will receive its next Jelly Bean update this month along with the Nexus 7, Galaxy Nexus, and Nexus 10. The update is going to fix bugs that are noticeable in the latest version.
iDigitalTimes reported that the 4.2.2 version of the Android Jelly Bean will be rolling out within the next couple of weeks. According to its sources, Google has already started to push the update to Google employees with Nexus devices, including the Nexus 4, Nexus 7, the Nexus 10, and is allowing them to test out Android 4.2.2. before the official release to the public.
The update showed up for the first time last month on a video that was showcasing the Nexus 4 handset. This was rumoured to be the last Jelly Bean update before the Key Lime Pie version of the software hits the mobile world.
The video did not relay any release date for the new software, but it was noticed that it lacked major features so it was known right away that it was an update that is set to fix minor bugs and performance issues from the last version.
According to reports, those that have the Nexus 10, Nexus 4 and the Nexus 7 have been experiencing problems with the last update, which came around November. One online source is looking to see the update sometime between the middle of this month and the middle of next month, which leaves a lot of time to be waiting around for it.
Updates from Google tend to come when they want to and have been switched from one date to another, so it might not be that easy to nail this one down. Bugs that have been reported by Nexus users include slow charging, sluggish user interface, poor battery life and more.
Google likely be making an announcement regarding the update soon and from that point it will most likely show up over-the-air to your device. If you do not get a push notification, then you can simply check for the update manually by going through your Settings.
One announcement that consumers are expecting to hear from Google is the one that outlines the release of the new Key Lime Pie software, or Android 5.0 to put it plainly. The company is probably going to make that announcement at the Google I/O conference in May.
The Google-LG Nexus 4 boasts a 4.7 inch screen display with 1280x768 resolution, 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor, 8 MP camera and 2100 mAh battery. The new Google-LG smartphone will run with the new Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, which promises new features upgrade such as better camera options and controls. This has become the selling point of the device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics