ONGC Shares Gain after Profit Beats Estimates
February 12, 2013 3:15 PM EST
Shares in state-run Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC.NS) gain around 2 percent in early trade on Tuesday, a day after its October-December net profit beat market expectations, helped by higher selling prices for oil and gas and slightly lower subsidy payouts to refineries.
ONGC posted net profit of 55.63 billion rupees for December quarter and its sales rose 16 percent to 209.87 billion rupees. Analysts expected net profit of 53.7 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters StarMine data.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66