iPad Mini 2 Release Date: 3 Reasons IGZO Advantage is Anticipated
By Arlene Paredes | February 12, 2013 2:54 PM EST
iPad mini 2 release date is believed to fall within the last quarter of the year, just in time for the release anniversary of its predecessor. Rumours are persistent that the new small tablet from Apple will feature Sharp's IGZO technology, dramatically boosting its screen display. Why is there much anticipation for the IGZO advantage?
iPad Mini 2 Release Date: October 2013?
iPad mini 2 is definitely coming out this year, according to analysts. As to when, there's unveiling in June and release in October. The suspense builds up, but Apple is not likely to make announcements this early.
Jefferies analyst Peter Misek said via macworld.com.au the iPad mini 2 could be unveiled in June. This has not been entirely disproven. Subsequent speculations indicate manufacturers are facing some challenges with the IGZO technology that will be used to enhance the new tablet.
DigiTimes and Apple analyst Horace Dediu is one of the cited sources for Sharp's thin-but-tough IGZO technology in iPad mini 2.
iPad Mini 2 feat. IGZO by Sharp - Better than Retina Display
Sharp's IGZO (Indium Gallium Zinc Oxide) technology has at least three direct benefits for iPad mini 2 users. One, IGZO reportedly consumes 90% less power. Two, this slim screen technology will preserve the mini tablet's 7.2 mm thinness (which was reportedly not possible with Retina Display). Three, longer battery life matched to slim feel translate to convenience and ease of use for many buyers.
For corporate users, here's a picture: The iPad mini is easy to carry around in conferences. You easily hold the device in one hand, while the other hand scrolls and flips away during impromptu presentations. With the iPad mini 2, you do the same, but your presentation gets more vivid and easy on the eyes of your prospective business ally.
In terms of screen display, the current iPad mini has a pixel density of 163 pixels per inch. The iPad 4th generation displays 264 ppi. With IGZO, the iPad mini 2 resolution can radiate up to 324 ppi. It remains to be seen whether the persistent rumours would prove true.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James