iPad Mini 2 Release Date: 3 Reasons IGZO Advantage is Anticipated
By Arlene Paredes | February 12, 2013 2:54 PM EST
iPad mini 2 release date is believed to fall within the last quarter of the year, just in time for the release anniversary of its predecessor. Rumours are persistent that the new small tablet from Apple will feature Sharp's IGZO technology, dramatically boosting its screen display. Why is there much anticipation for the IGZO advantage?
iPad Mini 2 Release Date: October 2013?
iPad mini 2 is definitely coming out this year, according to analysts. As to when, there's unveiling in June and release in October. The suspense builds up, but Apple is not likely to make announcements this early.
Jefferies analyst Peter Misek said via macworld.com.au the iPad mini 2 could be unveiled in June. This has not been entirely disproven. Subsequent speculations indicate manufacturers are facing some challenges with the IGZO technology that will be used to enhance the new tablet.
DigiTimes and Apple analyst Horace Dediu is one of the cited sources for Sharp's thin-but-tough IGZO technology in iPad mini 2.
iPad Mini 2 feat. IGZO by Sharp - Better than Retina Display
Sharp's IGZO (Indium Gallium Zinc Oxide) technology has at least three direct benefits for iPad mini 2 users. One, IGZO reportedly consumes 90% less power. Two, this slim screen technology will preserve the mini tablet's 7.2 mm thinness (which was reportedly not possible with Retina Display). Three, longer battery life matched to slim feel translate to convenience and ease of use for many buyers.
For corporate users, here's a picture: The iPad mini is easy to carry around in conferences. You easily hold the device in one hand, while the other hand scrolls and flips away during impromptu presentations. With the iPad mini 2, you do the same, but your presentation gets more vivid and easy on the eyes of your prospective business ally.
In terms of screen display, the current iPad mini has a pixel density of 163 pixels per inch. The iPad 4th generation displays 264 ppi. With IGZO, the iPad mini 2 resolution can radiate up to 324 ppi. It remains to be seen whether the persistent rumours would prove true.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery