Nielsen Boosts TCS Contract to $2.5 Billion
February 12, 2013 2:48 PM EST
Nielsen Holdings NV, best known for its TV ratings, increased the size of its contract with India's top software services exporter,Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, to $2.5 billion from $1 billion.
The expanded contract, among TCS's largest, comes at a time when there are expectations that India's $100 billion IT services sector may be turning a corner helped by acceleration in IT spending by existing customers and addition of clients.
Nielsen also extended the contract by three years to 2020, and said it would buy at least $100 million in services annually from TCS, according to a regulatory filing.
The number of clients contributing $100 million or more to annual revenue rose to 16 from 14, TCS said in January.
Under the 10-year contract signed in 2007, TCS provided IT and business services to Nielsen.
TCS already has a multi-year outsourcing contract worth $2.5 billion with Citigroup Inc and a $2.2 billion contract with UK-based Friends Life.
TCS shares closed at 1,414.70 rupees on Monday on India's National Stock Exchange.
Nielsen, which has a market value of $11.9 billion, closed at $32.67 on the New York Stock Exchange.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Floyd Mayweather Gets Investment Advice from Warren Buffett What to Do With Millions
- Former U.S. VP Al Gore Backs Ovo Energy by Investing £8 Million Before IPO
- Study Shows Gap Between What Advisors Say and What Resonates with Investors
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0