Nielsen Boosts TCS Contract to $2.5 Billion
February 12, 2013 2:48 PM EST
Nielsen Holdings NV, best known for its TV ratings, increased the size of its contract with India's top software services exporter,Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, to $2.5 billion from $1 billion.
The expanded contract, among TCS's largest, comes at a time when there are expectations that India's $100 billion IT services sector may be turning a corner helped by acceleration in IT spending by existing customers and addition of clients.
Nielsen also extended the contract by three years to 2020, and said it would buy at least $100 million in services annually from TCS, according to a regulatory filing.
The number of clients contributing $100 million or more to annual revenue rose to 16 from 14, TCS said in January.
Under the 10-year contract signed in 2007, TCS provided IT and business services to Nielsen.
TCS already has a multi-year outsourcing contract worth $2.5 billion with Citigroup Inc and a $2.2 billion contract with UK-based Friends Life.
TCS shares closed at 1,414.70 rupees on Monday on India's National Stock Exchange.
Nielsen, which has a market value of $11.9 billion, closed at $32.67 on the New York Stock Exchange.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report