Nielsen Boosts TCS Contract to $2.5 Billion
February 12, 2013 2:48 PM EST
Nielsen Holdings NV, best known for its TV ratings, increased the size of its contract with India's top software services exporter,Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, to $2.5 billion from $1 billion.
The expanded contract, among TCS's largest, comes at a time when there are expectations that India's $100 billion IT services sector may be turning a corner helped by acceleration in IT spending by existing customers and addition of clients.
Nielsen also extended the contract by three years to 2020, and said it would buy at least $100 million in services annually from TCS, according to a regulatory filing.
The number of clients contributing $100 million or more to annual revenue rose to 16 from 14, TCS said in January.
Under the 10-year contract signed in 2007, TCS provided IT and business services to Nielsen.
TCS already has a multi-year outsourcing contract worth $2.5 billion with Citigroup Inc and a $2.2 billion contract with UK-based Friends Life.
TCS shares closed at 1,414.70 rupees on Monday on India's National Stock Exchange.
Nielsen, which has a market value of $11.9 billion, closed at $32.67 on the New York Stock Exchange.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money