Rafael Nadal Loses at Chile Finals
By Czarina Malleta | February 12, 2013 1:22 PM EST
Tennis superstar Rafael Nadal came close to winning after qualifying for the VTR finals in Chile. But in the end, the Spanish athlete falls short to win.
The Spanish tennis player expressed his enthusiasm to be back on the court. Nadal maintained his winning streak in Chile which eventually landed him at the VTR finals in Chile to compete against Horacio Zeballos.
While he appeared on two separate finals, one for doubles and one for singles, it's unfortunate that he lost both games. But although he wasn't able to win any of the two, Nadal maintains a positive outlook and says he remains happy.
'"Everything was very positive. It's true I wanted to win the final, and it's true I didn't play my best match this afternoon. There are a lot of things that show I'm not perfect yet," Nadal said in an interview after the game. ''I hope this is the beginning of a lot of tournaments and a lot of good results for me.''
Nadal was beaten by Argentine Horacio Zeballos last Sunday in three sets. Meanwhile, Nadal and his partner Juan Monaco also failed to win against Italian pair Paolo Lorenzi and Potito Sarace.
The seven times French Open champion said that being able to play again was enough reward for him. Nadal is still suffering a bit of discomfort with his injured knee. He said that they are still gauging whether a surgery would still be needed for full recovery.
"It was a week when we didn't know how the body would respond, the knee. At least we have seen we can compete up to a certain level. It's true I have had good days and bad days that impact on my play," Nadal said.
Meanwhile, Horacio Zeballos expressed his extreme joy to be able to play with one of the best tennis players in the world.
''This is the game of my life. Playing against the best player of all-time, or one of the best in the history of tennis. It's a dream, unforgettable. I will never forget this moment," Zeballos shared.
After Chile, Nadal will play next in Brazil Open in Sao Paolo and by the end of the month, he'll play again in Acapulco, Mexico. All these games are aimed to get him ready for his attempt to win an 8th title at the French Open.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- 2014 NFL Thanksgiving Games Results: Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks Notch All-Important Wins With Major Postseason Implications
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report