Apple Starts to Develop, Experiment on Watch-like Devices
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 12, 2013 11:33 AM EST
Apple is developing new versions of iPhone, iPad, and computers such as iMac and Macbook but also wrist-watch like devices. The maker of iOS is currently improving many aspects of their mobile devices including the camera, Retina display, OS, and security strategies.
The watch-style product that Apple is now working on would be made of curved glass and will run the iOS platform, according to the New York Times which cited unnamed sources "familiar with the company's explorations."
Richard Nunn, a digital media analyst at stockbrokers Charles Stanley, said Apple creating a watch is no longer a surprise. "A so-called iWatch would not be a radical departure from Apple's core technologies. It could include GPS, music, mobile and payment functions which Apple has already developed."
Foxconn is in talks as the major manufacturing partner by Apple in producing the watch-style devices. The Taiwan-based company has been working on with several technologies which can be worn by users.
This move from Apple is an expectation that iOS will go beyond smartphones and tablet which is battling strong competition from rival Samsung.
It is not only Apple working on new devices but also Google which is developing the Google Glass that emulate a single eyeglass with capabilities to send email, messages, music, and more. This kind of technology goes back to the 1990s has was seen in Dragon Ball Z from a Saiyan Prince named Vegeta.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28