Apple Starts to Develop, Experiment on Watch-like Devices
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 12, 2013 11:33 AM EST
Apple is developing new versions of iPhone, iPad, and computers such as iMac and Macbook but also wrist-watch like devices. The maker of iOS is currently improving many aspects of their mobile devices including the camera, Retina display, OS, and security strategies.
The watch-style product that Apple is now working on would be made of curved glass and will run the iOS platform, according to the New York Times which cited unnamed sources "familiar with the company's explorations."
Richard Nunn, a digital media analyst at stockbrokers Charles Stanley, said Apple creating a watch is no longer a surprise. "A so-called iWatch would not be a radical departure from Apple's core technologies. It could include GPS, music, mobile and payment functions which Apple has already developed."
Foxconn is in talks as the major manufacturing partner by Apple in producing the watch-style devices. The Taiwan-based company has been working on with several technologies which can be worn by users.
This move from Apple is an expectation that iOS will go beyond smartphones and tablet which is battling strong competition from rival Samsung.
It is not only Apple working on new devices but also Google which is developing the Google Glass that emulate a single eyeglass with capabilities to send email, messages, music, and more. This kind of technology goes back to the 1990s has was seen in Dragon Ball Z from a Saiyan Prince named Vegeta.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report