Once Upon A Time Season 2, Episode 13: Is 'the biggest bombshell yet' about Baelfire? [PHOTOS]
By Arlene Paredes | February 12, 2013 9:48 AM EST
Once Upon A Time Season 2, Episode 13 ("Tiny") is mostly a build-up into Rumplestiltskin's search for his long lost son, Baelfire. Rumple will get busy with his revenge against Hook, Cora and Regina later. The re-appearance of Anton the Giant (guest star Jorge Garcia) seems to be a neat trick to distract the viewers prior to a surprise Rumple-related twist coming up. Meantime, the burning question blazes more intensely than ever: Is Baelfire Henry's father, or is he Neal's father (which would make him Henry's gramps)?
OUAT Season 2 Burning Questions: Is Baelfire Henry's father? How old is he now?
Baelfire was granted by the Blue Fairy a bean that took him to a land without magic. That was ages ago, when Rumple was only getting the hang of (dark) magic - way before the vengeful Evil Queen Regina laid upon Fairy Tale Land the Dark Curse. Neal, Henry's dad, appears to be slightly older than Emma, but not old enough to be Baelfire himself.
Then again, when August/Pinocchio pretended to be Baelfire to trick Rumple, the old man nearly believed him. Rumple thought Bae must've jumped through space and time when he was "transported" via the Magic Bean. It must be noted, too, that Captain Hook did not seem to have aged much since taking off with Baelfire's mother. Hook had used another one of the previous beans that took him to another land(s).
Once Upon a Time Season 2: Baelfire, Baelfire, where are you?
In the premiere episode of OUAT Season 2, the yet-to-be introduced Neal Cassady (Michael Raymond-James) is seen receiving in New York City a mysterious postcard with only "Broken" written on it. It is later learned that August/Pinocchio sent him the postcard after explaining to him that Emma has some job to do in Storybrooke. Now Rumple has learned his son Baelfire is in New York. That can't be just a coincidence, can it?
At the end of the episode, viewers heard OUAT is about to deliver its "biggest bombshell yet." If this isn't about Baelfire, there will be massive disappointment among the fans of the series. Then again, Neal being Bae wouldn't be as surprising, either.
In Once Upon A Time Season 2, Episode 14 ("Manhattan"), Baelfire will be seen again. Now this is one episode that fans should not miss.
"What happened to Bae is definitely one of the dangling threads of the season and we would be [very disappointed] if I had to wait more than a season to find out [what has happened to him]," OUAT co-creator Edward Kitsis told The Hollywood Reporter back in July last year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People