Once Upon A Time Season 2, Episode 13: Is 'the biggest bombshell yet' about Baelfire? [PHOTOS]
By Arlene Paredes | February 12, 2013 9:48 AM EST
Once Upon A Time Season 2, Episode 13 ("Tiny") is mostly a build-up into Rumplestiltskin's search for his long lost son, Baelfire. Rumple will get busy with his revenge against Hook, Cora and Regina later. The re-appearance of Anton the Giant (guest star Jorge Garcia) seems to be a neat trick to distract the viewers prior to a surprise Rumple-related twist coming up. Meantime, the burning question blazes more intensely than ever: Is Baelfire Henry's father, or is he Neal's father (which would make him Henry's gramps)?
OUAT Season 2 Burning Questions: Is Baelfire Henry's father? How old is he now?
Baelfire was granted by the Blue Fairy a bean that took him to a land without magic. That was ages ago, when Rumple was only getting the hang of (dark) magic - way before the vengeful Evil Queen Regina laid upon Fairy Tale Land the Dark Curse. Neal, Henry's dad, appears to be slightly older than Emma, but not old enough to be Baelfire himself.
Then again, when August/Pinocchio pretended to be Baelfire to trick Rumple, the old man nearly believed him. Rumple thought Bae must've jumped through space and time when he was "transported" via the Magic Bean. It must be noted, too, that Captain Hook did not seem to have aged much since taking off with Baelfire's mother. Hook had used another one of the previous beans that took him to another land(s).
Once Upon a Time Season 2: Baelfire, Baelfire, where are you?
In the premiere episode of OUAT Season 2, the yet-to-be introduced Neal Cassady (Michael Raymond-James) is seen receiving in New York City a mysterious postcard with only "Broken" written on it. It is later learned that August/Pinocchio sent him the postcard after explaining to him that Emma has some job to do in Storybrooke. Now Rumple has learned his son Baelfire is in New York. That can't be just a coincidence, can it?
At the end of the episode, viewers heard OUAT is about to deliver its "biggest bombshell yet." If this isn't about Baelfire, there will be massive disappointment among the fans of the series. Then again, Neal being Bae wouldn't be as surprising, either.
In Once Upon A Time Season 2, Episode 14 ("Manhattan"), Baelfire will be seen again. Now this is one episode that fans should not miss.
"What happened to Bae is definitely one of the dangling threads of the season and we would be [very disappointed] if I had to wait more than a season to find out [what has happened to him]," OUAT co-creator Edward Kitsis told The Hollywood Reporter back in July last year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy