JP Morgan adds bankers to expanding UK private wealth unit
By Chris Vellacott | February 11, 2013 11:35 PM EST
The private wealth arm of JP Morgan has appointed seven bankers to its British division, poaching five from rivals, as expansion plans continue apace under its new boss Tracey Reddings.
Executive directors Richard Cockburn, James Drace-Francis and Stefano Ferraiolo join from Societe Generale
Francesca Hall joins from Coutts, the private banking arm of Royal Bank of Scotland
Three of the appointments - executive director Aaron Georghiades and vice presidents Bambos Charalambous and Cliadhna Law - come from elsewhere in the bank.
All seven will be based in London and report to Tracey Reddings, who joined the bank last year from Societe Generale as head of the UK private wealth unit.
Reddings is seeking to bring in more "core millionaire" clients - people worth $3 million (2 million pounds) to $25 million, increasingly courted over the super rich because their needs are less complex and can generate wider margins.
Planned expansion of the UK business follows a similar push in Asia led by former Standard Chartered
(Reporting by Chris Vellacott; Editing by Helen Massy-Beresford)
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report