JP Morgan adds bankers to expanding UK private wealth unit
By Chris Vellacott | February 11, 2013 11:35 PM EST
The private wealth arm of JP Morgan has appointed seven bankers to its British division, poaching five from rivals, as expansion plans continue apace under its new boss Tracey Reddings.
Executive directors Richard Cockburn, James Drace-Francis and Stefano Ferraiolo join from Societe Generale
Francesca Hall joins from Coutts, the private banking arm of Royal Bank of Scotland
Three of the appointments - executive director Aaron Georghiades and vice presidents Bambos Charalambous and Cliadhna Law - come from elsewhere in the bank.
All seven will be based in London and report to Tracey Reddings, who joined the bank last year from Societe Generale as head of the UK private wealth unit.
Reddings is seeking to bring in more "core millionaire" clients - people worth $3 million (2 million pounds) to $25 million, increasingly courted over the super rich because their needs are less complex and can generate wider margins.
Planned expansion of the UK business follows a similar push in Asia led by former Standard Chartered
(Reporting by Chris Vellacott; Editing by Helen Massy-Beresford)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide