JP Morgan adds bankers to expanding UK private wealth unit
By Chris Vellacott | February 11, 2013 11:35 PM EST
The private wealth arm of JP Morgan has appointed seven bankers to its British division, poaching five from rivals, as expansion plans continue apace under its new boss Tracey Reddings.
Executive directors Richard Cockburn, James Drace-Francis and Stefano Ferraiolo join from Societe Generale
Francesca Hall joins from Coutts, the private banking arm of Royal Bank of Scotland
Three of the appointments - executive director Aaron Georghiades and vice presidents Bambos Charalambous and Cliadhna Law - come from elsewhere in the bank.
All seven will be based in London and report to Tracey Reddings, who joined the bank last year from Societe Generale as head of the UK private wealth unit.
Reddings is seeking to bring in more "core millionaire" clients - people worth $3 million (2 million pounds) to $25 million, increasingly courted over the super rich because their needs are less complex and can generate wider margins.
Planned expansion of the UK business follows a similar push in Asia led by former Standard Chartered
(Reporting by Chris Vellacott; Editing by Helen Massy-Beresford)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date