Justin Bieber Sorry for Marijuana Smoking Photo
By Toyin Owoseje | February 11, 2013 11:16 PM EST
Pop star Justin Bieber has publicly addressed his use of marijuana for the first time.
The 18-year-old singer used his appearance on Saturday Night Live to apologise to fans for smoking the drug in a hotel room with friends.
Speaking in the third person in a sketch in which he played the president of the Miley Cyrus fan club, he described himself as a "douche" before touching on his pot-smoking habit.
"I also heard he [me] got busted for smoking weed and he's really sorry about it and people make mistakes and he's never gonna do it again, " he said in the sketch.
The teen sensation made headlines when pictures of him smoking marijuana with a friend during a party in Newport Beach surfaced online.
The images sparked accusations that he was setting a bad example for his young fanbase.
Although Bieber did not openly admit doing drugs at the time, he sent a cryptic message to his 32.7 million Twitter followers saying that he was still young and would make mistakes.
"Everyday growing and learning. Trying to be better. U get knocked down, u get up," he wrote.
"I see all of u. I hear all of u. I never want to let any of you down. I love u. and thank u. #beliebers."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch