New Zealand v England, 2nd T20I: Where to Watch Live, Preview, Team News
By Vishnuprasad S | February 11, 2013 10:44 PM EST
New Zealand host England at Seddon Park in Hamilton, in the second of the three-match T20I series, with the tourists currently enjoying a 1-0 lead, following their impressive 40-run victory in Auckland.
Where to Watch Live
The match starts at 6am GMT, with Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports HD 1 providing live coverage in the UK.
England are touring the Asia-Pacific with a point to prove and they did in magnificent fashion in the first game at Eden Park . A record-breaking total of 214 with contribution from all from the batters, coupled with a decent performance from the bowlers, resulted in their 40-run win on a batting track. Luke Wright, Eoin Morgan, Jonny Baristow and Jos Buttler impressed with the bat and the visitor's confidence will be high, as they head into the second outing.
New Zealand, on the other hand, would be disappointed with the big defeat in the opener. They would surely have wanted a better performance in the game' shortest format, especially after their inspiring ODI series victory against South Africa last month. The Black Caps are delighted with the return of the talismanic Ross Taylor and would be keen to bounce back and level the series in Auckland.
Last Five Head-To-Head
- 2013, Auckland: England won by 40 runs
- 2012 World T20, Pallekele: England won by six wickets
- 2010, World T20, St Lucia: England won by three wickets
- 2008, Manchester: England won by nine wickets
- 2008, Christchurch: England won by 50 runs
Pitch and Conditions
The Hamilton surface usually helps the batsmen, while the spinners might some assistance as well. Seddon Park is a traditional stadium and hence the boundaries are better proportioned than Auckland. The weather report suggests another partly cloudy day.
New Zealand: Having missed the first game due to an ankle injury, a fit-again Ian Butler is set to force his way into the Kiwis side, at the expense of either James Franklin or Trent Boult.
Probable Line-up: Rutherford, Guptill, B McCullum, Taylor, Munro, Franklin, N McCullum, Ellis, Hira, Butler, McClenaghan
England: The visitors have a major injury concern as they enter head the second T20I. Morgan strained his back in the field in Auckland and if the influential batsman fails the fitness test, Joe Root is expected to come in.
Probable Line-up: Lumb, Hales, Wright, Root, Bairstow, Buttler, Patel, Broad, Tredwell, Finn, Dernbach
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3