Stock index futures signal higher open
February 11, 2013 8:14 PM EST
Stock index futures pointed to a higher open on Wall Street on Monday, with futures for the S&P 500 up 0.07 percent, Dow Jones futures up 0.08 percent and Nasdaq 100 futures up 0.03 percent at 03.44 a.m. EST.
European stocks fell, reversing Friday's rebound as simmering worries over Spain and Italy continued to spook investors. <.EU> Most Asian bourses, including those in Japan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore and South Korea, were closed for the Lunar New Year holiday.
US Airways Group Inc
Three of Dell Inc's
Apple Inc. is experimenting with the design of a device similar to a wristwatch that would operate on the same platform as the iPhone and would be made with curved glass, the New York Times reported on Sunday.
The Nasdaq composite stock index closed at a 12-year high and the S&P 500 index at a five-year high, boosted by gains in technology shares and stronger overseas trade figures.
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> ended up 48.92 points, or 0.35 percent, at 13,992.97. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> was up 8.54 points, or 0.57 percent, at 1,517.93. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> was up 28.74 points, or 0.91 percent, at 3,193.87, its highest closing level since November 2000.
(Reporting by Blaise Robinson; editing by Patrick Graham)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery