Samsung Russia has rolled out the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update with build number XXLQ4 for the international version of Galaxy S Advance (model number I9070). The rollout is followed by the XXLPZ Jelly Bean.
4.1.2 XXLQ4 Jelly Bean firmware released for Galaxy S Advance.
Version: Android 4.1.2
Region supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, UK
The firmware is unbranded and is compatible with a number of European countries. It can be installed in the phone via Samsung Kies.
Galaxy S Advance users who cannot wait for the update to reach their regions and wish to upgrade their handsets with the latest release may follow our step-by-step instruction guide below. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. The Android 4.1.2 XXLQ4 Jelly Bean is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070. Flashing this firmware on any other variant, may brick the device.
1) Download and install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S Advance on the computer.
2) Back up all data of the phone. If the device is having a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP, then create a backup for the same.
3) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
4) Ensure the Galaxy S Advance is carrying more than 80 per cent charge.
5) The phone should be factory unlocked.
6) The device will lose root with the installation of the official firmware.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXLQ4 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S Advance I9070
1) Download Android 4.1.2 XXLQ4 Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy S Advance to the computer and extract the zip file
2) Download Odin 3.07 which will help to install Android 4.1.2 firmware
3) Switch off the phone and place it into Download Mode. To do so press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now, press the Power button again to confirm to enter into Download Mode
4) Run Odin on the computer
5) Connect the phone to the computer using USB cable while it is in download mode. If the device is connected successfully one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with COM port number. This process might take some time
6) Select these files, which are extracted from XXLQ4 folder, in the order mentioned to install on the phone
a) Click on PDA and select file with CODE in its name
b) Click on Phone and select file with MODEM in its name
c) Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click on PIT and select the .pit file
[Note: Ignore the last three steps in case such files are not found.]
7) In Odin, verify the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are selected. Ensure the Re-Partition option is also selected in case a .PIT file is being used
8) Double check everything and click the Start button. The installation process will begin which would take a few minutes to complete
9) Once the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. When the home screen appears, safely unplug the USB cable from the phone
The Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 is now updated and running on Android 4.1.2 XXLQ4 Jelly Bean official firmware. To verify the software version in the phone navigate to Settings>> About Phone.
Click here for our step-by-step instruction guide for how to root Galaxy S Advance running on Android 4.1.2 XXLQ4 Jelly Bean.
[Source: Team Android]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: