Sony Set to Roll Out Android Jelly Bean OS Updates for Three Xperia Variants
By Rohit KVN | February 11, 2013 6:31 PM EST
The company said that the updates, blended with Sony's new Xperia software, will give more options to enhance functionality for optimum user experience.
- Users can revamp their home screen with seven new desktop panes and have the flexibility to re-size widgets and notifications. They can also create new shortcuts for minimum navigation on the phone.
- A new search function is added within the application tray to assist users to locate apps.
- To enhance the photography experience, the update comes endowed with a more intuitive 'viewfinder' functionality, auto-scene settings and an option to switch between front and back camera with a single touch.
- With the help of Google search and user profiling, important reminders and notifications will pop on the screen based on priority levels.
Xperia users will receive notifications on their handsets with options to download and update over-the-air. Users can also download the updates from the computer and transfer them to a smartphone using a PC suite.
Sony's Xperia P, Xperia J and Xperia go are next in line to receive the updates by the end of next month.
The last of the company's smartphones to receive the upgrade are Xperia S, Xperia SL, Xperia ion and Xperia acro S. All four are expected to get the upgrades only in April.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health