Nokia’s Planned Lumia 520, Lumia 720 Revealed by Regulatory Filing
By Erik Pineda | February 11, 2013 5:24 PM EST
Two Nokia handsets are likely to hit store shelves this year as reports pointed to the introduction of the Lumia 520 and Lumia 720 via the 2013 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
The Finnish mobile phone maker, according to Phone Arena, has filed a regulatory filing in Indonesia in relation to two devices with the following model names: the RM-914 (520) and the RM-885 (720).
In a separate report by MyNokiaBlog.com, two devices were reportedly making their way to global markets likely within the next few months. One was characterised as low-end and will assume the name Lumia 520 while the other has more powerful specs and will be known as the Lumia 720.
The 720 bears the codename Zeal and "will have 4.3-inch CBD, 1GHz dual-core, 512MB of RAM, 8GB storage, HSPA+, WP8, microSD, 6MP camera and 2MP front camera," the same blog report said.
On the other hand, the expectedly cheaper 520 is give the following attributes: 4-inch Super Sensitive screen, 1GHz dual-core, 512MB of RAM, 8GB storage, microSD, WP8 and a 5MP rear-camera shooter.
While price details were yet provided, the Lumia 520 appears to take on the lower rung of Nokia's Lumia hierarchy, indicating too that this will be the lowest priced Lumia to date, probably more affordable than the Lumia 620, which sells in Australia for over $329.
The two Lumias will join the present crop of Nokia WP8 handsets that is bannered by the Lumia 920. As a whole, the model sold more than four million units in Q4 2012, giving enough traction for Nokia to collect some revenues through its mobile division.
But the surge is not enough for Nokia to declare a much-awaited turnover as its overall business remains struggling to wiggle its way out of the cellar it now occupies following more than a decade of leadership in the mobile phone industry.
Nokia has announced that it will hold a press briefing during the 2013 MWC, in which experts are anticipating the introduction of new products, most likely the 520 and the 720.
The company is bent to issue gadgets in advance of its competitors, assumingly to gain enough footing prior to the hotly anticipated releases from the so-called industry giants that are set to unveil mobile devices starting April this year, analysts said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans