Justin Bieber Joins Jennifer Lawrence: The Rise of Hollywood’s Anti-Valentine Movement:
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 11, 2013 4:37 PM EST
In contrast to the ones in films Hollywood churns out, the love stories in the business are not quite guaranteed their happy endings. In fact, as Valentine's Day dawns on the near horizon, it looks like many picture-perfect couples are finding themselves single and dateless just like regular folk.
Breakup season is not usually this early in the year, but 2013 is proving to be a tough one in the love arena for many high-profile pairs. From teen sensations calling it quits to long-term married duos divorcing, this February 14 is proving to be one for the singles with the following couples leading the way to Splitsville.
Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
At their age, and at the rate the rest of their peers are going, these two young superstars have been together forever. The pretty pair has weathered through countless speculations, rumors and conflicts, only to call it quits recently and breaking millions of teenage fans' hearts worldwide in the process.
Still, tweens should not lose all hope as Bieber and Gomez have apparently been in constant contact with each other. A reunion seems likely for this paparazzi favorite pair. The question is, will it be in time for Valentine's Day?
Nicholas Hoult and Jennifer Lawrence
On the other end of the spectrum is this famously low-key couple who are rarely snapped together, whether on the streets or the red carpet. Lawrence has publicly called her ex-beau her best friend, so it came as a surprise when news came of the breakup.
The two met on the set of X-Men: First Class, but with both their stars rising as of late they might find themselves with less time to spare for each other. Although this English hunk and American babe might not find themselves back together for the day of hearts, many men and women would surely be happy to fill in as dates for both of them.
Michael Fassbender and Nicole Beharie
It's not that women should be happy that Michael Fassbender is now back on the market, but he is now estranged with girlfriend of the past year Nicole Beharie. The dark-skinned beauty began going out with Fassbender after working together on Shame, but are reported to have split up on January.
Beharie confirmed the news on her Twitter page, saying, "Yes, its (sic) true, Fassbender and I are no longer dating." With the pair's stunning features, it is certain neither will be wanting for some attention, that's for sure.
Bradley Cooper and Zoe Saldana
It was like a true to life movie romance when these two box office darlings got together after filming the drama The Words. The pair embarked on a publicized on-again-off-again romance, but ultimately called it off for real earlier this year.
Neither Cooper nor Saldana have been seen with significant others since each other, so this Valentine's Day might be a little cold for both of them but that is surely not for long if their equally white hot careers are any indication.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports