Justin Bieber Joins Jennifer Lawrence: The Rise of Hollywood’s Anti-Valentine Movement:
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 11, 2013 4:37 PM EST
In contrast to the ones in films Hollywood churns out, the love stories in the business are not quite guaranteed their happy endings. In fact, as Valentine's Day dawns on the near horizon, it looks like many picture-perfect couples are finding themselves single and dateless just like regular folk.
Breakup season is not usually this early in the year, but 2013 is proving to be a tough one in the love arena for many high-profile pairs. From teen sensations calling it quits to long-term married duos divorcing, this February 14 is proving to be one for the singles with the following couples leading the way to Splitsville.
Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez
At their age, and at the rate the rest of their peers are going, these two young superstars have been together forever. The pretty pair has weathered through countless speculations, rumors and conflicts, only to call it quits recently and breaking millions of teenage fans' hearts worldwide in the process.
Still, tweens should not lose all hope as Bieber and Gomez have apparently been in constant contact with each other. A reunion seems likely for this paparazzi favorite pair. The question is, will it be in time for Valentine's Day?
Nicholas Hoult and Jennifer Lawrence
On the other end of the spectrum is this famously low-key couple who are rarely snapped together, whether on the streets or the red carpet. Lawrence has publicly called her ex-beau her best friend, so it came as a surprise when news came of the breakup.
The two met on the set of X-Men: First Class, but with both their stars rising as of late they might find themselves with less time to spare for each other. Although this English hunk and American babe might not find themselves back together for the day of hearts, many men and women would surely be happy to fill in as dates for both of them.
Michael Fassbender and Nicole Beharie
It's not that women should be happy that Michael Fassbender is now back on the market, but he is now estranged with girlfriend of the past year Nicole Beharie. The dark-skinned beauty began going out with Fassbender after working together on Shame, but are reported to have split up on January.
Beharie confirmed the news on her Twitter page, saying, "Yes, its (sic) true, Fassbender and I are no longer dating." With the pair's stunning features, it is certain neither will be wanting for some attention, that's for sure.
Bradley Cooper and Zoe Saldana
It was like a true to life movie romance when these two box office darlings got together after filming the drama The Words. The pair embarked on a publicized on-again-off-again romance, but ultimately called it off for real earlier this year.
Neither Cooper nor Saldana have been seen with significant others since each other, so this Valentine's Day might be a little cold for both of them but that is surely not for long if their equally white hot careers are any indication.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]