France Upbeat on Prospects for Indian Fighter Jet Deal
February 11, 2013 3:06 PM EST
French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said on Sunday that talks with India to finalise the purchase of French Rafale war planes were looking up.
However, both sides have played down prospects that the deal would be finalised when President Francois Hollande visits India on February 14-15.
"Things seem - I'm very cautious - to be looking very positive. That's at least what the Indians say," Fabius said in an interview on BFMTV.
He added that recent talks with his Indian counterpart and subsequent contacts had gone in the right direction.
Indian Defence Minister A.K. Antony pledged on Wednesday not to let defence cuts disrupt efforts to finalise the deal.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features