France Upbeat on Prospects for Indian Fighter Jet Deal
February 11, 2013 3:06 PM EST
French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said on Sunday that talks with India to finalise the purchase of French Rafale war planes were looking up.
However, both sides have played down prospects that the deal would be finalised when President Francois Hollande visits India on February 14-15.
"Things seem - I'm very cautious - to be looking very positive. That's at least what the Indians say," Fabius said in an interview on BFMTV.
He added that recent talks with his Indian counterpart and subsequent contacts had gone in the right direction.
Indian Defence Minister A.K. Antony pledged on Wednesday not to let defence cuts disrupt efforts to finalise the deal.
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Is Not Behind Samsung’s Downfall, The Real Achilles' Heel Is Xiaomi--Reports
- Unruly Female Passenger Who Assaults FA Forces Air Canada To Divert Flight
- Telstra Pays $102,000 For iPhone 6 Misleading Advertisement
- Instagram Rolls Out Five New Filters Including Aden, Crema, Ludwig, Perpetua And Slumber For Better Photos [WATCH VIDEO]
- Tariff Cuts Underway With Japan-Australia Economic Partnership