Rafael Nadal Is Back, Advances to Singles Final in Chile
By Czarina Malleta | February 11, 2013 1:46 PM EST
After a seven-month hiatus, Rafael Nadal is back and has advanced to the singles final of the VTR Open in Chile.
Tennis player Rafael Nadal made a smashing comeback after several months of being away from the court. Nadal managed to move to the singles final at the VTR Open after being away for seven months due to his knee injury and a stomach virus.
Nadal also won doubles semifinals with Juan Monaco so it means he will play twice for the finals. The tennis superstar will battle against Argentine Horacio Zeballos at the singles finals and then will compete as a team with Juan Monaco against Paolo Lorenzi and Potito Starace of Italy.
From his return, Nadal has already played six sets in a matter of five days. And quite impressively, he has never dropped a set.
"Every day improves and increases the confidence for me. Every day that the knee answers well is a lot of positive energy for me, and that's helping me a lot. The feeling day by day is better - the feeling on court," Nadal said.
''I am very happy what I am doing this whole week. So I cannot ask for any more," the tennis player added.
During an interview, Nadal expressed his delight about advancing to the finals. He said that he was happy with the way things turned out, most especially since he has been away from playing for so long.
''The reality is that I'm in a final, which for me is very nice, very important after so much time without competing,'' Nadal mentioned.
The athlete admitted that he still feels pain in his left knee. However, he chooses to focus his game which will lead him to the French Open. Nadal also added that it will take about a few months before he determines whether the non-surgical therapy will help him get back him old form.
With his comeback, Nadal is already making an excellent impression. watching him back on the gam must be a sweet treat to all of his fans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales