Rafael Nadal Is Back, Advances to Singles Final in Chile
By Czarina Malleta | February 11, 2013 1:46 PM EST
After a seven-month hiatus, Rafael Nadal is back and has advanced to the singles final of the VTR Open in Chile.
Tennis player Rafael Nadal made a smashing comeback after several months of being away from the court. Nadal managed to move to the singles final at the VTR Open after being away for seven months due to his knee injury and a stomach virus.
Nadal also won doubles semifinals with Juan Monaco so it means he will play twice for the finals. The tennis superstar will battle against Argentine Horacio Zeballos at the singles finals and then will compete as a team with Juan Monaco against Paolo Lorenzi and Potito Starace of Italy.
From his return, Nadal has already played six sets in a matter of five days. And quite impressively, he has never dropped a set.
"Every day improves and increases the confidence for me. Every day that the knee answers well is a lot of positive energy for me, and that's helping me a lot. The feeling day by day is better - the feeling on court," Nadal said.
''I am very happy what I am doing this whole week. So I cannot ask for any more," the tennis player added.
During an interview, Nadal expressed his delight about advancing to the finals. He said that he was happy with the way things turned out, most especially since he has been away from playing for so long.
''The reality is that I'm in a final, which for me is very nice, very important after so much time without competing,'' Nadal mentioned.
The athlete admitted that he still feels pain in his left knee. However, he chooses to focus his game which will lead him to the French Open. Nadal also added that it will take about a few months before he determines whether the non-surgical therapy will help him get back him old form.
With his comeback, Nadal is already making an excellent impression. watching him back on the gam must be a sweet treat to all of his fans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft