Rafael Nadal Is Back, Advances to Singles Final in Chile
By Czarina Malleta | February 11, 2013 1:46 PM EST
After a seven-month hiatus, Rafael Nadal is back and has advanced to the singles final of the VTR Open in Chile.
Tennis player Rafael Nadal made a smashing comeback after several months of being away from the court. Nadal managed to move to the singles final at the VTR Open after being away for seven months due to his knee injury and a stomach virus.
Nadal also won doubles semifinals with Juan Monaco so it means he will play twice for the finals. The tennis superstar will battle against Argentine Horacio Zeballos at the singles finals and then will compete as a team with Juan Monaco against Paolo Lorenzi and Potito Starace of Italy.
From his return, Nadal has already played six sets in a matter of five days. And quite impressively, he has never dropped a set.
"Every day improves and increases the confidence for me. Every day that the knee answers well is a lot of positive energy for me, and that's helping me a lot. The feeling day by day is better - the feeling on court," Nadal said.
''I am very happy what I am doing this whole week. So I cannot ask for any more," the tennis player added.
During an interview, Nadal expressed his delight about advancing to the finals. He said that he was happy with the way things turned out, most especially since he has been away from playing for so long.
''The reality is that I'm in a final, which for me is very nice, very important after so much time without competing,'' Nadal mentioned.
The athlete admitted that he still feels pain in his left knee. However, he chooses to focus his game which will lead him to the French Open. Nadal also added that it will take about a few months before he determines whether the non-surgical therapy will help him get back him old form.
With his comeback, Nadal is already making an excellent impression. watching him back on the gam must be a sweet treat to all of his fans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery