Rafael Nadal Is Back, Advances to Singles Final in Chile
By Czarina Malleta | February 11, 2013 1:46 PM EST
After a seven-month hiatus, Rafael Nadal is back and has advanced to the singles final of the VTR Open in Chile.
Tennis player Rafael Nadal made a smashing comeback after several months of being away from the court. Nadal managed to move to the singles final at the VTR Open after being away for seven months due to his knee injury and a stomach virus.
Nadal also won doubles semifinals with Juan Monaco so it means he will play twice for the finals. The tennis superstar will battle against Argentine Horacio Zeballos at the singles finals and then will compete as a team with Juan Monaco against Paolo Lorenzi and Potito Starace of Italy.
From his return, Nadal has already played six sets in a matter of five days. And quite impressively, he has never dropped a set.
"Every day improves and increases the confidence for me. Every day that the knee answers well is a lot of positive energy for me, and that's helping me a lot. The feeling day by day is better - the feeling on court," Nadal said.
''I am very happy what I am doing this whole week. So I cannot ask for any more," the tennis player added.
During an interview, Nadal expressed his delight about advancing to the finals. He said that he was happy with the way things turned out, most especially since he has been away from playing for so long.
''The reality is that I'm in a final, which for me is very nice, very important after so much time without competing,'' Nadal mentioned.
The athlete admitted that he still feels pain in his left knee. However, he chooses to focus his game which will lead him to the French Open. Nadal also added that it will take about a few months before he determines whether the non-surgical therapy will help him get back him old form.
With his comeback, Nadal is already making an excellent impression. watching him back on the gam must be a sweet treat to all of his fans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015