Rafael Nadal Is Back, Advances to Singles Final in Chile
By Czarina Malleta | February 11, 2013 1:46 PM EST
After a seven-month hiatus, Rafael Nadal is back and has advanced to the singles final of the VTR Open in Chile.
Tennis player Rafael Nadal made a smashing comeback after several months of being away from the court. Nadal managed to move to the singles final at the VTR Open after being away for seven months due to his knee injury and a stomach virus.
Nadal also won doubles semifinals with Juan Monaco so it means he will play twice for the finals. The tennis superstar will battle against Argentine Horacio Zeballos at the singles finals and then will compete as a team with Juan Monaco against Paolo Lorenzi and Potito Starace of Italy.
From his return, Nadal has already played six sets in a matter of five days. And quite impressively, he has never dropped a set.
"Every day improves and increases the confidence for me. Every day that the knee answers well is a lot of positive energy for me, and that's helping me a lot. The feeling day by day is better - the feeling on court," Nadal said.
''I am very happy what I am doing this whole week. So I cannot ask for any more," the tennis player added.
During an interview, Nadal expressed his delight about advancing to the finals. He said that he was happy with the way things turned out, most especially since he has been away from playing for so long.
''The reality is that I'm in a final, which for me is very nice, very important after so much time without competing,'' Nadal mentioned.
The athlete admitted that he still feels pain in his left knee. However, he chooses to focus his game which will lead him to the French Open. Nadal also added that it will take about a few months before he determines whether the non-surgical therapy will help him get back him old form.
With his comeback, Nadal is already making an excellent impression. watching him back on the gam must be a sweet treat to all of his fans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions