Aliens: Colonial Marines, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed 3D, Omerta: City of Gangsters: Top 3 Video Game Releases
By Gilda Galang | February 11, 2013 1:40 PM EST
The much-awaited Nintendo game Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed comes to the shelves in 3D version, along with a survival game that has more coming up this year than what's set to be released this year and another game that may be worth a second glance for avid gamers.
Check out these newly released and set-for-release video game titles before hitting the stores for your own copy.
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Aliens: Colonial Marines presents an all new battle with the Xenomorphs in this survival game face-off with the human marines. Gamers can expect new breeds of aliens that would provide a horrific challenge. Expect the game to come to PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, according to GameFront.
Aside from the game, there's a lot more to look forward to with Alien: Colonial Marines with the release of four DLC packs this March, reports Joystiq. Entitled Bug Hunt, the DLC will have three new maps and challenges players.
Season pass holders can get a 50% off bundle of four. And on August, you're in for three new add-ons with campaign and multiplayer DLC.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed 3D
You won't be disappointed by poor execution, as the fresh features include cool vehicle morphs (from cars to planes!) and impressive track designs that have not been lost in translation from the drawing board to the actual gaming experience.
According to NintendoLife, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed was even a surprise contender for best title, especially when you add the fact that it's one of the cheapest games available.
What's more, after the successful release of 930,000 copies before the 2012 ended, you can now expect the 3D version in stores this February 12.
Omerta: City of Gangsters
Expert gamers who have already played their share of tactical RPGs may struggle with Omerta: City of Gangsters, considering its rather dull combat missions.
What could have been a promising game wherein back stories of your chosen characters could have served as the foundation that would drive the game end up being overshadowed by slow pace of the game.
You're teased with a supposedly fun tactical game to build an empire of your own, but given a rather bare strategy game, the disappointment may be chalked up to poor execution
But if you're the type who wants to test all tactical games for himself, Omerta: City of Gangsters will be made available for PC, Xbox 360, and Kalypso, reports The Guardian.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories