Aliens: Colonial Marines, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed 3D, Omerta: City of Gangsters: Top 3 Video Game Releases
By Gilda Galang | February 11, 2013 1:40 PM EST
The much-awaited Nintendo game Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed comes to the shelves in 3D version, along with a survival game that has more coming up this year than what's set to be released this year and another game that may be worth a second glance for avid gamers.
Check out these newly released and set-for-release video game titles before hitting the stores for your own copy.
Aliens: Colonial Marines
Aliens: Colonial Marines presents an all new battle with the Xenomorphs in this survival game face-off with the human marines. Gamers can expect new breeds of aliens that would provide a horrific challenge. Expect the game to come to PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, according to GameFront.
Aside from the game, there's a lot more to look forward to with Alien: Colonial Marines with the release of four DLC packs this March, reports Joystiq. Entitled Bug Hunt, the DLC will have three new maps and challenges players.
Season pass holders can get a 50% off bundle of four. And on August, you're in for three new add-ons with campaign and multiplayer DLC.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed 3D
You won't be disappointed by poor execution, as the fresh features include cool vehicle morphs (from cars to planes!) and impressive track designs that have not been lost in translation from the drawing board to the actual gaming experience.
According to NintendoLife, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed was even a surprise contender for best title, especially when you add the fact that it's one of the cheapest games available.
What's more, after the successful release of 930,000 copies before the 2012 ended, you can now expect the 3D version in stores this February 12.
Omerta: City of Gangsters
Expert gamers who have already played their share of tactical RPGs may struggle with Omerta: City of Gangsters, considering its rather dull combat missions.
What could have been a promising game wherein back stories of your chosen characters could have served as the foundation that would drive the game end up being overshadowed by slow pace of the game.
You're teased with a supposedly fun tactical game to build an empire of your own, but given a rather bare strategy game, the disappointment may be chalked up to poor execution
But if you're the type who wants to test all tactical games for himself, Omerta: City of Gangsters will be made available for PC, Xbox 360, and Kalypso, reports The Guardian.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown