iPad Mini 2 Release Date Set on Q4 2013?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 11, 2013 1:12 PM EST
iPad Mini 2 is speculated to be released on the fourth quarter of this year equipped with Retina Display.
The good news is that the Cupertino Giant is preparing to launch the next generation iPad Mini with a screen boasting of a higher resolution than the Retina Display equipped current iPad 4. The retina Display of the next generation iPad Mini will be 324 ppi which is miles ahead of the iPad 4 screens' 264 ppi display.
According to investment news service BrightWire which cited a source in the Apple supply chain in faraway Taiwan that the iPad Mini 2 will probably be launched in October which will make it exactly one year since its predecessor was launched.
The source has revealed that the iPad Mini 2 will feature a screen with a resolution of 2048 x 1536. This is almost four times the resolution of the present iPad Mini and is equal to the fourth generation Ipad which was released along with the iPad Mini last year. AU Optronics has been rumored to be making displays for the iPad Mini 2.
The biggest advantage of bringing the resolution of the iPad Mini 2 at par with the iPad 4 will be for the developers who will not have to rack their brains trying to accommodate their iPad apps to another screen size.
Other specs include a more powerful dual core A7 processor and a 7.9 inch screen. It will also feature a 10-hour battery life, a FaceTime HD camera, and an iSight camera with 1080 pixels HD video recording. Apple is also trying to reduce the thickness of the iPad Mini 2 by using the Sharp's IGZO (indium gallium zinc oxide) technology in its screens.
However, Apple remained tight lipped on its plans this year and the details of its upcoming devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles