iPad Mini 2 Release Date Set on Q4 2013?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 11, 2013 1:12 PM EST
iPad Mini 2 is speculated to be released on the fourth quarter of this year equipped with Retina Display.
The good news is that the Cupertino Giant is preparing to launch the next generation iPad Mini with a screen boasting of a higher resolution than the Retina Display equipped current iPad 4. The retina Display of the next generation iPad Mini will be 324 ppi which is miles ahead of the iPad 4 screens' 264 ppi display.
According to investment news service BrightWire which cited a source in the Apple supply chain in faraway Taiwan that the iPad Mini 2 will probably be launched in October which will make it exactly one year since its predecessor was launched.
The source has revealed that the iPad Mini 2 will feature a screen with a resolution of 2048 x 1536. This is almost four times the resolution of the present iPad Mini and is equal to the fourth generation Ipad which was released along with the iPad Mini last year. AU Optronics has been rumored to be making displays for the iPad Mini 2.
The biggest advantage of bringing the resolution of the iPad Mini 2 at par with the iPad 4 will be for the developers who will not have to rack their brains trying to accommodate their iPad apps to another screen size.
Other specs include a more powerful dual core A7 processor and a 7.9 inch screen. It will also feature a 10-hour battery life, a FaceTime HD camera, and an iSight camera with 1080 pixels HD video recording. Apple is also trying to reduce the thickness of the iPad Mini 2 by using the Sharp's IGZO (indium gallium zinc oxide) technology in its screens.
However, Apple remained tight lipped on its plans this year and the details of its upcoming devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast