Grammy Awards Red Carpet 2013 Flubs: Details Get Lost Over Frank Ocean & Elle Varner
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 11, 2013 11:29 AM EST
The first major flubs of the 55th-annual Grammy Awards came on the red carpet as the performers arrived in their finest clothing for the biggest night in music.
The on-screen commentators live on the red carpet apparently weren't brought up to speed on some of the performers before the show, and they started a couple of minor online controversies with two pretty harmless, yet hilarious, mix-ups.
The first one came when one of the interviewers spotted Frank Ocean across the carpet. The cameras flitted over to the performer in question, and viewers immediately knew what was quickly made clear by the other interviewer: that wasn't Frank Ocean at all. In fact it was mega-producer Pharrell Williams of N.E.R.D. fame. OOPS!!
Elle Varner and Tyrese had just finished up a great pre-main event performance and Varner was let down by the fact that she hadn't picked up the Grammy for Best R&B Song, instead losing out to Miguel Pimentel.
Apparently that important detail was not shared with the commentators.
"You just won! You didn't win?" one of the interviewers asked Varner, who shared the news that she in fact had not received the Grammy. "I'm so sorry I thought you won!"
Let us know in the comments about any other embarassing flubs that occur as the night rages on.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- ‘Jurassic World’ Director Teases New Image Featuring Chris Pratt In A Friendly Pose With A Raptor [Spoilers]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results Recap: And The Winner Is… (Spoilers)
- Bookmaker Suspends Bets on Queen Elizabeth II Christmas Day Abdication Announcement