Nexus 4 Battery Life: 5 Tips to Avoid Battery Drain
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 11, 2013 11:21 AM EST
Consumers are always considering battery life when it comes to choosing their desired smart phone like Google Nexus 4. Numerous functions and applications can cause the rapid battery drain of the Nexus 4 but there are solutions to solve such problem.
Listed below are 5 tips on how to prevent the rapid battery drain of Google Nexus 4:
1. Maintain the Google Nexus 4 brightness display at approximately 25 - 30%. The Nexus 4 display utilizes most of the power given that the screen display is set at 50% brightness. If the screen display is still visible during night time, the brightness can be adjusted more to a lower level so battery life is preserved.
2. Turn off the Wi-Fi or Bluetooth if not in use for these functions easily drain the Nexus 4 battery.
3. Turn off or just minimize the notifications alarm on the Google Nexus 4 to save battery life. If several notifications reach the Nexus 4, its battery life will rapidly drain.
4. If location services are not used, turn them off as well for the GPS consumes most of the battery.
5. Turn off email then have the function set on manual mode. Syncing email consumes bulky data size and the battery will be drained easily when Google Nexus 4 verifies email often. Emails can be checked on an hourly basis and this can also be done on other Nexus 4 applications like "Facebook" and "Twitter."
During the December 2012 conference call, Google CEO Larry Page affirmed that the Nexus 4 battery life is a big issue. However, the Google CEO stated: "You shouldn't have to worry about constantly having to recharge your phone." In some way, the tips provided can help Google Nexus 4 users to get the most out of their battery throughout the day.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery