Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Release Date Set at the End of the Month with S-Pen and Finger Hovering?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 11, 2013 11:17 AM EST
It is speculated that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 would make its grand debut at the 2013 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona later this month in its keynote. The rumours are fuelled by the significant price drop of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 at some resellers.
Latest rumours claimed that Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will have Air View-like capabilities both when using the S-Pen and your finger. As you probably, the Galaxy Note 2 already has a floating touch gesture feature, but, for the time being its functionality is only limited to the proximity sensor.
With this feature, one can use the device by simply hovering your hand over the proximity sensor while the display is turned off, it will automatically turn on the display and show various info like missed calls, texts, or any other events.
Furthermore, Samsung has also purchased 5% in Wacom shares, the company popular for its research in digital input via stylus. So, we might even see a new and improved S-Pen coming along with the Galaxy Note 3.
With the touch-less gestures integrated on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 you will basically be able to use your finger like a mouse, hovering it over various items like folders, video timeline or galleries, in order to receive details about the respective item.
The upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is rumoured to have a massive 6.3 inch flexible screen display and Samsug's newest eight core processor. Samsung is significantly raising the bar for the entire mobile marketplace in general, and Samsung's smartphone competition in particular.
Samsung is rumoured to include their very own eight-core Exynos Octa processor that was debuted at CES, which is actually 2 sets of quad core processors working together. The two 4-packs intelligently alternate between performance and energy efficiency, depending on your requests and the operations you are currently running.
Samsung is also speculated to put a generous 70% increase in battery life, and at this time wireless carrier availability and pricing has not been revealed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports