10 Most Romantic Hotels Where to Spend Valentine’s Day (VIDEOS)
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 11, 2013 10:40 AM EST
With Valentine's Day just four days away, couples from different parts of the world are surely preparing ways how to spend love day in a romantic way.
While the term romantic is a relative term similar to beauty, there are guides to help set benchmarks for what romantic means. For hotels, one measure is traveler's feedback, which is what Trip Advisor did.
Based on the feedback, here is the Web site's list of top 10 most romantic hotels.
1. Anastasis Apartments - Imerovigli, Greece
Located at Santorini Island, the apartments are perched on top of the cliffs of Candelaria, surrounded by tranquil gardens that are known for fresh summer aromas, offers privacy, peace and distinctive designs that place the mind and soul of the guest.
A guest wrote, "The location provides seclusion from the hustle and bustle, plus the most stunning views and sunsets."
2. La Minerva - Capri Italy
The excellent location of this hotel is the main selling point of the hotel. Guests find the place romantic because it allow them easy access to the Amalfi Coast and Cilento Coast, including the UNESCO-protected Cilento National Park.
A tourist who in Capri wrote, "Every night we'd come back to a romantically lit room with jazz playing, a lovely flower on the bed and the daily newsletter which contained the weather forecast, recipes and tips of the day."
3. Cranleigh Boutique - Bowness-on Windermere, UK
Cranleigh has only 18 rooms, but guests described it as fantastic and first class. The hotel has a cozy reception with log fire burning, champagne on ice and mood lights and a big Jacuzzi that fits two people - perfect recipes for a romantic Valentine's Day splurge.
4. Cedar Manor Hotel and Restaurant - Windermere, UK
The old world charms of this affordable hotel, located on the outskirts of Windermere in the Lake District led one guest to comment, "I'm sure we died and went to heaven!"
5. Baros Maldives - North Male Atoll
For sun lovers, Baros is the place to go. It is a located in a small exclusive coral island in the Indian ocean surrounded by a beach with crystal clear water and a vibrant house-reef. Because of its allure, a former guest said that while he is on the third leg of his honeymoon in Thailand, he and his wife are still dreaming about the first leg in Baros which left the couple breathless and at a loss for words.
6. Casa del Mar, Langkawi - Pantai Cenang, Malaysia
This is another beachfront hotel by the Pantai Cenang Beach and Underwater World. Activities that make tourists favour this hotel include evening cruises, sailing and sea kayaking, snorkeling and scuba diving trips to Palau Payar Marine Park and mangrove tours.
7. Bardessono - Yountville, California, USA
This Napa Valley hotel is famous for its personal luxurious spa, thus, a typical visitor response would be like this: "We arrived with the intent to relax. The fireplace giant jetted bathtub, shower, outdoor shower and fantastic bed linens definitely did the job."
Described by a guest as the ultimate chill out, the resort which resembles an ancient Bedouin encampment, is within a green and verdant oasis amid Dubai desert. Definitely, this is the place for Middle Eastern couples seeking a place to spend an evening or more on heart's day.
9. Layana Resort and Spa - Ko Lanta, Thailand
This Asian resort is described as elegant, tranquil and perfectly position in one of the best beached of an unspoilt island. Its main attraction, besides its picturesque view and location, is its relaxation and spa that would surely pamper lovers of all kinds.
10. Veligandu Island Resort - North Ari Atoll
Another Maldives paradise, this resort offers the island's natural beauty such as palm trees, white sands and clear water, hence it known for being an authentic barefoot comfort.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon September 17, 2014
- Financial Intelligence Agency Suspends Sydney Remittance Firm Over Suspicions It Is Used To Finance Terrorism In Middle East
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning September 17, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning September 18, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday September 18, 2014
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone
- iPhone 6 Plus Phablet Features Only 1 GB RAM