Jeremy Lin Watch: Where To Watch Online Stream Of Houston Rockets Vs. Sacramento Kings, Plus Prediction And Preview Of The Western Conference Showdown
February 11, 2013 9:27 AM EST
With three consecutive road games left before the All-Star break, the Houston Rockets can try dispel their troubles away home beginning Sunday night.
First up on their quick road jaunt, the Rockets will meet the disheveled and influx Sacramento Kings at Arco Arena.
Houston created some space for the eighth spot in the Western Conference playoff race with their 118-103 victory over the Portland Trailblazers Friday, but will have to take advantage of the 18-33 Kings before they meet fellow postseason contenders in the Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Clipper next week. The Rockets currently have the worst road record, 10-16, of any playoff team in either conference.
Guard James Harden continued his All-Star year with 35 points, seven rebounds, and 11 assists against the Blazers. Jeremy Lin chipped in 16 points and four assists, shooting 2-for-3 from three-point range. In his last three games, Lin has shot 62 percent from deep.
Houston has gone 7-3 in their last 10 due to Harden and Lin, but also in large part to center Omer Asik’s 13.7 rebounds per contest during the run. The 26-year-old Turkish native is tied for 12th in the NBA with 22 doubles-doubles. Asik is tied with Sacramento’s DeMarcus Cousins.
Cousins, a troubled but highly skilled second-year big man, leads the Kings in points and rebounds, and is the only center in the NBA to also lead his club in steals. Even with his on and off the court antics, Cousins is the lone bright spot for a Sacramento club that’s lost nine of its last 12 games.
The Kings put together a rare victory Saturday, toppling the Utah Jazz 120-109 behind point guard Isaiah Thomas’ 25 points and three steals, and 13 points and 11 rebounds from Cousins. Guard Marcus Thornton game off the bench firing, and finished with 24 points on 7-for-14 shooting.
Most of the Kings woes begin on defense, as they give up a league low 103.2 points per game. That could be a bad omen against Houston and it’s second ranked offense.
Coverage of the game begins at 9 p.m. eastern and will be broadcast by CSN Houston or CSAC depending on your region of the country. You can watch a live online stream of the game by purchasing NBA League Pass Broadband here.
Betting Odds: Houston is favored by 5 points
Over/Under: 217 points
Prediction: Lin and Harden should feast on the Kings poor defensive schemes, though Cousins will have a big game against the thinner Asik. Look for Houston to pull off a rare road victory.
Predicted Score: Houston 112, Sacramento 95
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales