Jeremy Lin Watch: Where To Watch Online Stream Of Houston Rockets Vs. Sacramento Kings, Plus Prediction And Preview Of The Western Conference Showdown
February 11, 2013 9:27 AM EST
With three consecutive road games left before the All-Star break, the Houston Rockets can try dispel their troubles away home beginning Sunday night.
First up on their quick road jaunt, the Rockets will meet the disheveled and influx Sacramento Kings at Arco Arena.
Houston created some space for the eighth spot in the Western Conference playoff race with their 118-103 victory over the Portland Trailblazers Friday, but will have to take advantage of the 18-33 Kings before they meet fellow postseason contenders in the Golden State Warriors and Los Angeles Clipper next week. The Rockets currently have the worst road record, 10-16, of any playoff team in either conference.
Guard James Harden continued his All-Star year with 35 points, seven rebounds, and 11 assists against the Blazers. Jeremy Lin chipped in 16 points and four assists, shooting 2-for-3 from three-point range. In his last three games, Lin has shot 62 percent from deep.
Houston has gone 7-3 in their last 10 due to Harden and Lin, but also in large part to center Omer Asik’s 13.7 rebounds per contest during the run. The 26-year-old Turkish native is tied for 12th in the NBA with 22 doubles-doubles. Asik is tied with Sacramento’s DeMarcus Cousins.
Cousins, a troubled but highly skilled second-year big man, leads the Kings in points and rebounds, and is the only center in the NBA to also lead his club in steals. Even with his on and off the court antics, Cousins is the lone bright spot for a Sacramento club that’s lost nine of its last 12 games.
The Kings put together a rare victory Saturday, toppling the Utah Jazz 120-109 behind point guard Isaiah Thomas’ 25 points and three steals, and 13 points and 11 rebounds from Cousins. Guard Marcus Thornton game off the bench firing, and finished with 24 points on 7-for-14 shooting.
Most of the Kings woes begin on defense, as they give up a league low 103.2 points per game. That could be a bad omen against Houston and it’s second ranked offense.
Coverage of the game begins at 9 p.m. eastern and will be broadcast by CSN Houston or CSAC depending on your region of the country. You can watch a live online stream of the game by purchasing NBA League Pass Broadband here.
Betting Odds: Houston is favored by 5 points
Over/Under: 217 points
Prediction: Lin and Harden should feast on the Kings poor defensive schemes, though Cousins will have a big game against the thinner Asik. Look for Houston to pull off a rare road victory.
Predicted Score: Houston 112, Sacramento 95
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal