Thanks To Michelle Obama, Jason Wu Debuts Feminine, Grown-Up Collection At New York Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
By Nadine DeNinno | February 11, 2013 6:59 AM EST
Fresh off of his second inaugural credit with First Lady Michelle Obama, the FLOTUS' favorite designer Jason Wu debuted his Fall 2013 collection at New York Fashion Week on Friday at a former Park Avenue church.
Wu decided not to choose a theme for his collection but rather instead used his street cred to show expertly tailored feminine pieces as models strutted around a glitzy chandelier.
"Mr. Wu said he wasn’t interested in doing a theme this season, just giving a grown-up look," Cathy Horny of The New York Times reported in her article "Jason Wu Moves To The Grown-Up Table."
“'Well, I’m more grown up,'” he said. Themes are usually a bore anyway," she wrote.
Having been chosen for both inauguration dresses by Obama, it appeared now was the time for Wu to do what he does best: pleated gowns, beautiful trench coats and cocktail dresses adorned with beading and hints of skin and sparkle. The designer still kept a few downtown chichi pieces in, though, like two sheer turtleneck tops in black and red and utilitarian pockets on one belted bomber jacket.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kendall Jenner Moves on with NBA Hunk Chandler Parsons, Harry Styles Becomes Serious with Paige Reifler
- Justin Bieber Vs Cara Delevingne: Justin Calls Cara Multiple Times to Know About Her Relation with Selena Gomez - Reports
- Model Mayhem: All the Models Linked to Justin Bieber on Shots and Instagram
- Kim Kardashian Slams Eating Binge Report, Wears the Tightest Dress Ever
- Ireland Baldwin Topless with Gigi Hadid in Raunchy Photo Shoot
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6