Thanks To Michelle Obama, Jason Wu Debuts Feminine, Grown-Up Collection At New York Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
By Nadine DeNinno | February 11, 2013 6:59 AM EST
Fresh off of his second inaugural credit with First Lady Michelle Obama, the FLOTUS' favorite designer Jason Wu debuted his Fall 2013 collection at New York Fashion Week on Friday at a former Park Avenue church.
Wu decided not to choose a theme for his collection but rather instead used his street cred to show expertly tailored feminine pieces as models strutted around a glitzy chandelier.
"Mr. Wu said he wasn’t interested in doing a theme this season, just giving a grown-up look," Cathy Horny of The New York Times reported in her article "Jason Wu Moves To The Grown-Up Table."
“'Well, I’m more grown up,'” he said. Themes are usually a bore anyway," she wrote.
Having been chosen for both inauguration dresses by Obama, it appeared now was the time for Wu to do what he does best: pleated gowns, beautiful trench coats and cocktail dresses adorned with beading and hints of skin and sparkle. The designer still kept a few downtown chichi pieces in, though, like two sheer turtleneck tops in black and red and utilitarian pockets on one belted bomber jacket.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Top 3 Nail Art Designs For Halloween 2014
- Top 3 Halloween 2014 Makeup Looks To Try
- Designer Tom Ford Talks About Living In Early Days Of AIDS Epidemic, 'Cancer Was Something To Celebrate'
- Miranda Kerr And Orlando Bloom 'Love And Care For Each Other'
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West And Baby North West Makes Up André Leon Talley 'First Fashion Family'
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery