Thanks To Michelle Obama, Jason Wu Debuts Feminine, Grown-Up Collection At New York Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
By Nadine DeNinno | February 11, 2013 6:59 AM EST
Fresh off of his second inaugural credit with First Lady Michelle Obama, the FLOTUS' favorite designer Jason Wu debuted his Fall 2013 collection at New York Fashion Week on Friday at a former Park Avenue church.
Wu decided not to choose a theme for his collection but rather instead used his street cred to show expertly tailored feminine pieces as models strutted around a glitzy chandelier.
"Mr. Wu said he wasn’t interested in doing a theme this season, just giving a grown-up look," Cathy Horny of The New York Times reported in her article "Jason Wu Moves To The Grown-Up Table."
“'Well, I’m more grown up,'” he said. Themes are usually a bore anyway," she wrote.
Having been chosen for both inauguration dresses by Obama, it appeared now was the time for Wu to do what he does best: pleated gowns, beautiful trench coats and cocktail dresses adorned with beading and hints of skin and sparkle. The designer still kept a few downtown chichi pieces in, though, like two sheer turtleneck tops in black and red and utilitarian pockets on one belted bomber jacket.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu