Thanks To Michelle Obama, Jason Wu Debuts Feminine, Grown-Up Collection At New York Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
By Nadine DeNinno | February 11, 2013 6:59 AM EST
Fresh off of his second inaugural credit with First Lady Michelle Obama, the FLOTUS' favorite designer Jason Wu debuted his Fall 2013 collection at New York Fashion Week on Friday at a former Park Avenue church.
Wu decided not to choose a theme for his collection but rather instead used his street cred to show expertly tailored feminine pieces as models strutted around a glitzy chandelier.
"Mr. Wu said he wasn’t interested in doing a theme this season, just giving a grown-up look," Cathy Horny of The New York Times reported in her article "Jason Wu Moves To The Grown-Up Table."
“'Well, I’m more grown up,'” he said. Themes are usually a bore anyway," she wrote.
Having been chosen for both inauguration dresses by Obama, it appeared now was the time for Wu to do what he does best: pleated gowns, beautiful trench coats and cocktail dresses adorned with beading and hints of skin and sparkle. The designer still kept a few downtown chichi pieces in, though, like two sheer turtleneck tops in black and red and utilitarian pockets on one belted bomber jacket.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports