Thanks To Michelle Obama, Jason Wu Debuts Feminine, Grown-Up Collection At New York Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
By Nadine DeNinno | February 11, 2013 6:59 AM EST
Fresh off of his second inaugural credit with First Lady Michelle Obama, the FLOTUS' favorite designer Jason Wu debuted his Fall 2013 collection at New York Fashion Week on Friday at a former Park Avenue church.
Wu decided not to choose a theme for his collection but rather instead used his street cred to show expertly tailored feminine pieces as models strutted around a glitzy chandelier.
"Mr. Wu said he wasn’t interested in doing a theme this season, just giving a grown-up look," Cathy Horny of The New York Times reported in her article "Jason Wu Moves To The Grown-Up Table."
“'Well, I’m more grown up,'” he said. Themes are usually a bore anyway," she wrote.
Having been chosen for both inauguration dresses by Obama, it appeared now was the time for Wu to do what he does best: pleated gowns, beautiful trench coats and cocktail dresses adorned with beading and hints of skin and sparkle. The designer still kept a few downtown chichi pieces in, though, like two sheer turtleneck tops in black and red and utilitarian pockets on one belted bomber jacket.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS