Couple Try to Kill Two-day-old Boy by Burying Him Alive
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 11, 2013 3:02 AM EST
A couple tried to kill a two-day-old boy by burying him alive in Gopalpura village of Churu district on Saturday.
Their attempt to kill the child failed after a farmer in the village saw the couple in the act of burying the child.
The farmer called out to the couple after which they fled the spot leaving the infant behind. He then informed the matter to the police who reached the location and took the boy.
Narrating the incident, Ram Pratap Bishnoi, station house officer at Sujangarh police station said, "A person spotted a couple trying to bury an infant from a distance of almost 300 metres while he was busy at his farm in the village. The man shouted at them and also informed the police. The couple managed to flee. We went to the spot and took out the infant, a boy," reported The Times of India.
The police then rushed the infant to the government hospital in Sujangarh. The doctors in the hospital said that the infant's condition was stable.
Officials booked the unidentified couple under charges of attempt to murder. They also initiated an investigation to identify and track down the couple by checking the registers of nearby hospitals.
"The doctors told us that the age of the infant was not more than 2 days. Thus, we are tallying the birth register of various hospitals and are in touch with the people of nearby villages to find out the parents of the infant," said Bisnoi.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports