Couple Try to Kill Two-day-old Boy by Burying Him Alive
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 11, 2013 3:02 AM EST
A couple tried to kill a two-day-old boy by burying him alive in Gopalpura village of Churu district on Saturday.
Their attempt to kill the child failed after a farmer in the village saw the couple in the act of burying the child.
The farmer called out to the couple after which they fled the spot leaving the infant behind. He then informed the matter to the police who reached the location and took the boy.
Narrating the incident, Ram Pratap Bishnoi, station house officer at Sujangarh police station said, "A person spotted a couple trying to bury an infant from a distance of almost 300 metres while he was busy at his farm in the village. The man shouted at them and also informed the police. The couple managed to flee. We went to the spot and took out the infant, a boy," reported The Times of India.
The police then rushed the infant to the government hospital in Sujangarh. The doctors in the hospital said that the infant's condition was stable.
Officials booked the unidentified couple under charges of attempt to murder. They also initiated an investigation to identify and track down the couple by checking the registers of nearby hospitals.
"The doctors told us that the age of the infant was not more than 2 days. Thus, we are tallying the birth register of various hospitals and are in touch with the people of nearby villages to find out the parents of the infant," said Bisnoi.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ISIS War to Last For 4 Years; US Military Shows Videos of Airstrikes Hitting Militant Base [VIDEO]
- Australia Joins Global Effort to Stop Russian Website From Illegally Streaming Web Cam Feeds
- Ebola Stock Companies Suspended From Trading For Unverifiable Claims
- Former Malaysian Envoy Denies Assault Charges in New Zealand, Elects Trial By Jury
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon