Couple Try to Kill Two-day-old Boy by Burying Him Alive
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 11, 2013 3:02 AM EST
A couple tried to kill a two-day-old boy by burying him alive in Gopalpura village of Churu district on Saturday.
Their attempt to kill the child failed after a farmer in the village saw the couple in the act of burying the child.
The farmer called out to the couple after which they fled the spot leaving the infant behind. He then informed the matter to the police who reached the location and took the boy.
Narrating the incident, Ram Pratap Bishnoi, station house officer at Sujangarh police station said, "A person spotted a couple trying to bury an infant from a distance of almost 300 metres while he was busy at his farm in the village. The man shouted at them and also informed the police. The couple managed to flee. We went to the spot and took out the infant, a boy," reported The Times of India.
The police then rushed the infant to the government hospital in Sujangarh. The doctors in the hospital said that the infant's condition was stable.
Officials booked the unidentified couple under charges of attempt to murder. They also initiated an investigation to identify and track down the couple by checking the registers of nearby hospitals.
"The doctors told us that the age of the infant was not more than 2 days. Thus, we are tallying the birth register of various hospitals and are in touch with the people of nearby villages to find out the parents of the infant," said Bisnoi.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where and How to Best View Delta Aquarids Meteor Shower Peak on July 28 and 29
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- iPhone 6 releasing Soon, Use Old Smartphones to Save Rainforest
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June