Knicks Trade Rumors: New York’s Iman Shumpert On His Way To Phoenix Suns? Jared Dudley, Sebastian Telfair Up For Grabs?
February 11, 2013 2:35 AM EST
The New York Knicks are learning that when you’re on top, teams will throw plenty of offers your way.
Currently second in the Eastern Conference and making a charge for first, New York has been approached by the Phoenix Suns regarding second-year guard Iman Shumpert, according to a report by Yahoo!Sports late Saturday.
Phoenix is reportedly willing to give up three-point threat Jared Dudley, and hope to use Shumpert to improve their backcourt. The report states the Suns regretted not selecting the Georgia Tech product in the 2011 draft, and see him as a fresh, solid foundation.
However the Knicks are not interested. Shumpert just returned from a knee injury back in mid-January and has played limited minutes. He tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, and head coach Mike Woodson has slowly worked Shumpert back into to the rotation, averaging 18.9 minutes, but starting the past 11 games.
During his rookie season, Shumpert was already considered one of the top perimeter defenders in the league, and at 22-years-old he is far and away the youngest Knick by five years. New York is the oldest team not only this season, but in NBA history. After Shumpert, the Knicks have very few capable defenders along the perimeter, and will have to consider who will check the likes of Miami’s Dwyane Wade and Indiana’s Paul George come playoff time. Shumpert is also a steal with two years and $4.5 million left on his rookie contract.
Dudley could only bolster New York’s fifth-best three-point percentage, as he’s a career 40.6 percent from the beyond the arc. However, he is owed more than $12 million over the next three seasons, and the Knicks are already in danger of paying a hefty payroll tax in the coming seasons.
The Suns are also shopping guard Sebastian Telfair, according to Yahoo!, and his $1.5 million expiring contract could interest some playoff teams searching for point guard depth at a cheaper rate.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia