Knicks Trade Rumors: New York’s Iman Shumpert On His Way To Phoenix Suns? Jared Dudley, Sebastian Telfair Up For Grabs?
February 11, 2013 2:35 AM EST
The New York Knicks are learning that when you’re on top, teams will throw plenty of offers your way.
Currently second in the Eastern Conference and making a charge for first, New York has been approached by the Phoenix Suns regarding second-year guard Iman Shumpert, according to a report by Yahoo!Sports late Saturday.
Phoenix is reportedly willing to give up three-point threat Jared Dudley, and hope to use Shumpert to improve their backcourt. The report states the Suns regretted not selecting the Georgia Tech product in the 2011 draft, and see him as a fresh, solid foundation.
However the Knicks are not interested. Shumpert just returned from a knee injury back in mid-January and has played limited minutes. He tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, and head coach Mike Woodson has slowly worked Shumpert back into to the rotation, averaging 18.9 minutes, but starting the past 11 games.
During his rookie season, Shumpert was already considered one of the top perimeter defenders in the league, and at 22-years-old he is far and away the youngest Knick by five years. New York is the oldest team not only this season, but in NBA history. After Shumpert, the Knicks have very few capable defenders along the perimeter, and will have to consider who will check the likes of Miami’s Dwyane Wade and Indiana’s Paul George come playoff time. Shumpert is also a steal with two years and $4.5 million left on his rookie contract.
Dudley could only bolster New York’s fifth-best three-point percentage, as he’s a career 40.6 percent from the beyond the arc. However, he is owed more than $12 million over the next three seasons, and the Knicks are already in danger of paying a hefty payroll tax in the coming seasons.
The Suns are also shopping guard Sebastian Telfair, according to Yahoo!, and his $1.5 million expiring contract could interest some playoff teams searching for point guard depth at a cheaper rate.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- Marin Cilic Is The Third-Highest Earner On ATP Tour With His $3M US Open Prize Money
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone