Kamal Haasan’s Vishwaroopam Sequel to Release in 2013
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 10, 2013 10:52 PM EST
Actor and director Kamal Haasan on Saturday said that the sequel to his controversial film "Vishwaroopam" will be released this year.
Speaking to reporters at a press meet on Saturday, Haasan emphasized that "Vishwaroopam 2" will be released on time without delay unlike its prequel.
The 58-year-old actor also said that many people in the Tamil film industry advised him to continue making atleast one movie a year. He also revealed that he was concentrating on another movie titled as "Moo".
Haasan's latest venture "Vishwaroopam" landed in trouble ahead of its release on 7 February after Muslim groups demanded him to chop certain scenes which were considered anti-religious. The actor made few changes in the ₹95 crore budget movie which finally hit Tamil cinema houses after a long delay. The Hindi version of the movie released worldwide on 1 February.
"My fans in Tamil Nadu are overwhelmingly supporting my movie and it has already been talked as my biggest carrier hit after it opened with a humongous response for three days," said Haasan, IANS reported.
He further added, "Now, that the Tamil version of 'Vishwaroopam' has been released in Tamil Nadu, I am happy that I will not be questioned by my brother and co producer Chandra Haasan."
"Vishwaroopam" features an impressive cast that includes Rahul Bose, Jaideep Ahlawat, Pooja Kumar, Andrea Jeremiah and Shekhar Kapur. Haasan, who took up multiple roles of actor, director, writer and producer of the movie, had announced last week that the sequel was in its pre production phase and its shooting would commence soon.
"Vishwaroopam" co-writer Atul Tiwari confirmed that the sequel was in its pre-production phase.
"We have already started working on Vishwaroopam 2, and the scripting for the sequel is on. In fact, while shooting Vishwaroopam, we had already shot some scenes for Vishwaroopam 2," he told The Times of India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet