Micromax to Ring in Valentine’s Day with A116 Canvas HD Sales Debut
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 10, 2013 10:06 PM EST
Micromax's much-anticipated A116 Canvas HD phablet is finally set to hit stores on 14 February.
The company has announced the arrival of the smartphone on its website with a tag line "Colours can come alive", leaving another great gift choice for Valentine's Day.
The smartphone was speculated to makes its way to the market in the first week of its launch last month. There is no official word about the exact pricing of the smartphone. Micromax had earlier said that the upcoming device will be priced in sub ₹15,000 price range.
"Micromax A116 Canvas HD carries a very attractive price tag of INR15,000 (about $280) and brings value for your money, considering its features and specifications," GSM Arena wrote.
Regarding its specifications, the A116 Canvas HD smartphones will include a 5-inch HD IPS display with 1280x720 pixel resolution, 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system, 8-megapixel camera with LED Flash, VGA front-facing camera and a 2100 mAh battery. The device will also have support for 3G, WIFI, Bluetooth and GPS/A-GPS. Other internal specifications include 1GB of RAM and 4GB of internal memory which is expandable up to 32GB.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- Biggest Australian IPO in 4 Years as Healthscope Could Raises $2.12 Billion
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales