Nigeria v Burkina Faso: Where to Watch Africa Cup of Nations Final Live and Preview
By Vishnuprasad S | February 10, 2013 8:06 PM EST
Nigeria face Burkina Faso in the Africa Nations Cup final in Johannesburg, with Chelsea forward Victor Moses remaining an injury concern.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 6pm GMT, with British Eurosport 1, British EuroSport HD and ITV 4 providing live coverage in the UK.
Nigeria go into this clash as heavy favourites to lift the trophy, while this year's surprise package Burkina Faso will fancy their chances, after causing a few upsets on their way to the final.
The Stallions defeated Togo 1-0 in extra time in the semi-final before their penalty shootout triumph over Ghana in the quarters. This is Burkino Faso's first appearance in the ACN final and they are aiming to create history by emulating Zambia, who defeated tournament favourites Ivory Coast in last year's decider.
Meanwhile, Nigeria have featured in the ACN final six times and won the title on two occasions - 1980 and 1994. The Super Eagles know that this is a massive chance for them to return to their glory days. John Obi Mikel's team have been in superb form so far, defeating Ivory Coast 2-1 in the quarter finals, before hammering Mali 4-1 in the last four.
Nigeria scored ten goals and conceded four on the road to the final, while Burkina Faso netted seven, giving away just two. The two sides had met at the start of the tournament in Group C. Alain Traore scored deep into injury time in that game, to earn a crucial point for the Stallions, after Emmanuel Emenike had given the Super Eagles a 1-0 lead in the first half.
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): W W W D D
- Last Match: Mali 1 - 4 Nigeria
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): W W D W D
- Last Match: Burkina Faso 1 - 1 Ghana (Burkina Faso won 3-2 on penalties)
Nigeria: The Super Eagles have injury worries over two of their best players - Spartak Moscow striker and tournament's top scorer Emmanuel Emenike and Chelsea forward and talisman Moses. The duo had suffered knocks against Mali in midweek but the coaching and medical staff remain confident of their chances of playing.
Probable Line-ups (4-5-1): Enyeama; Ambrose, Oboabona, Omeruo, Elderson; Moses, Ideye, Mikel, Onazi, S Mbah; Emenike
Burkina Faso: The Stallions received a major boost ahead of the final as Rennes winger Jonathan Pitroipa's red card against Ghana was rescinded by the CAF, after the referee admitted to the tournament officials that he made a mistake by awarding a second yellow to the player for simulation. However, top scorer Traore, who scored against Nigeria in the group game, remains sidelined, while right-back Mohamed Koffi is a doubt.
Probable Line-ups (4-4-2): Diakite; Panandetiguiri, B Kone, Koulibaly, Koffi; Rouamba, Kabore, Pitroipa, Nacoulma; D Kone, Bance
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- WWE SummerSlam Results & Highlights: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena, Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Rafael Nadal Will Miss 2014 US Open; Roger Federer Looking to Pounce on Rival
- Serena Williams and Patrick Mouratoglou Break-up Unlikely, Coach Posts Instagram Photos of Girlfriend
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display