Nigeria v Burkina Faso: Where to Watch Africa Cup of Nations Final Live and Preview
By Vishnuprasad S | February 10, 2013 8:06 PM EST
Nigeria face Burkina Faso in the Africa Nations Cup final in Johannesburg, with Chelsea forward Victor Moses remaining an injury concern.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 6pm GMT, with British Eurosport 1, British EuroSport HD and ITV 4 providing live coverage in the UK.
Nigeria go into this clash as heavy favourites to lift the trophy, while this year's surprise package Burkina Faso will fancy their chances, after causing a few upsets on their way to the final.
The Stallions defeated Togo 1-0 in extra time in the semi-final before their penalty shootout triumph over Ghana in the quarters. This is Burkino Faso's first appearance in the ACN final and they are aiming to create history by emulating Zambia, who defeated tournament favourites Ivory Coast in last year's decider.
Meanwhile, Nigeria have featured in the ACN final six times and won the title on two occasions - 1980 and 1994. The Super Eagles know that this is a massive chance for them to return to their glory days. John Obi Mikel's team have been in superb form so far, defeating Ivory Coast 2-1 in the quarter finals, before hammering Mali 4-1 in the last four.
Nigeria scored ten goals and conceded four on the road to the final, while Burkina Faso netted seven, giving away just two. The two sides had met at the start of the tournament in Group C. Alain Traore scored deep into injury time in that game, to earn a crucial point for the Stallions, after Emmanuel Emenike had given the Super Eagles a 1-0 lead in the first half.
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): W W W D D
- Last Match: Mali 1 - 4 Nigeria
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): W W D W D
- Last Match: Burkina Faso 1 - 1 Ghana (Burkina Faso won 3-2 on penalties)
Nigeria: The Super Eagles have injury worries over two of their best players - Spartak Moscow striker and tournament's top scorer Emmanuel Emenike and Chelsea forward and talisman Moses. The duo had suffered knocks against Mali in midweek but the coaching and medical staff remain confident of their chances of playing.
Probable Line-ups (4-5-1): Enyeama; Ambrose, Oboabona, Omeruo, Elderson; Moses, Ideye, Mikel, Onazi, S Mbah; Emenike
Burkina Faso: The Stallions received a major boost ahead of the final as Rennes winger Jonathan Pitroipa's red card against Ghana was rescinded by the CAF, after the referee admitted to the tournament officials that he made a mistake by awarding a second yellow to the player for simulation. However, top scorer Traore, who scored against Nigeria in the group game, remains sidelined, while right-back Mohamed Koffi is a doubt.
Probable Line-ups (4-4-2): Diakite; Panandetiguiri, B Kone, Koulibaly, Koffi; Rouamba, Kabore, Pitroipa, Nacoulma; D Kone, Bance
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff