Mysterious Object Hovering Above Jamnagar Refinery Sparks UFO Rumours
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 10, 2013 5:44 PM EST
A mysterious celestial object was reportedly spotted hovering above the world's largest oil refinery in Jamnagar, Gujarat, stirring rumours that it was an unidentified flying object (UFO).
According to reports, a red lighted object was found hovering in the sky on Jan 24. Although the sighting was unusual, it did not trigger much anxiety until the same object was spotted circling around the same area three days after the first sighting. The reappearance of the object left people and authorities little worried.
The sighting of the object has been reported to the government as there was a report earlier that oil refineries including the one in Jamnagar are under threat from Lashkar-e-Toiba.
"On 24 January 2013 around 8.30 pm, one unidentified bright object, perceived to be of the size of a volleyball, was seen hovering over the refinery. It was seen to circle four times before disappearing," RIL executive director P M S Prasad wrote to Petroleum Minister M Veerappa Moily, reported The Indian Express.
"It could have been treated as a one-off occurrence, however the morning of 27 January again witnessed the same phenomenon between 6.30 and 7.00 am. Process cameras installed in the refinery caught some images."
The refinery has managed to capture the images of the object in the second time. Prasad has also asked Moily to take this matter further to the defense and home ministries. He wrote, "Local forces and capabilities are ill-equipped to deal with high-technology air-borne assaults, should anyone try and attempt them."
According to the police, a complaint has been filed and the security officials are on high alert. "Immediately after a complaint was lodged by the refinery at Meghpar police station, army and air force officials visited the spot along with us. There are various theories going the rounds, but we are on high alert. There were even reports of finding some unidentified particles and batteries near a cement factory, 150-km away from here," The Business Standard quoted a police officer as saying.
The photos and footage have been sent to the forensic science laboratory (FSL) for further observation. Security has been beefed up at the refinery and nearby places after the sighting was reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Watch the MH17 Plane Missile Hit Video Tape in Mobile' Goes Viral on Facebook
- Australia Ranks High in Human Development Index But Scores Low in Climate Change
- New Zealand Drafts IWC Resolution to Stop Japanese Whalers from Hunting in 2015
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers