Real Madrid Vs. Sevilla: Where To Watch Live Stream Online; Prediction, Preview And Probable Lineups
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 10, 2013 6:12 AM EST
Real Madrid head into Saturday’s home encounter with Sevilla 16 points off the top of La Liga and surely with at least one eye on Wednesday Champions League last-16 first-leg encounter with Manchester United.
Last weekend’s 1-0 loss to Granada was the latest blow in what has been a bitterly disappointing defense of the league crown they reclaimed last season. It was their fifth defeat of the campaign. All have come away from home.
At the Bernabeu it has been a very different story. Madrid are undefeated at their famed arena since January 18 last year, giving them the longest such record in Europe’s top seven leagues.
Yet, the focus for some time now for Los Blancos has surely been on claiming an historic 10th Champions League crown. That quest resumes in midweek with their clash against the Premier League leaders.
Despite that match so prominent on the horizon, midfielder Luka Modric has said that pride dictates that the side will put everything into getting a victory over Sevilla.
“I expect a good match, the crowd will enjoy it and will be a good final test before the match against Manchester United,” he said, according to Real Madrid’s official website.”We are Real Madrid, we have to try to win every match and show what we are capable of.”
Madrid will be striving to avoid an unwelcome double, with Sevilla one of the teams to inflict a defeat on them to derail their early season form.
Sevilla’s own results soon took a downward turn after that win, as they struggled for much of the campaign. Things have picked up since Unai Emery took over last month, though, with two wins and a draw from their three La Liga matches under his charge.
Emery will be without the injured Cicinho and Andres Palop, while Ivan Rakitic is suspended.
For Madrid, Pepe is back in the squad, though may be saved for midweek. Raphael Varane and Iker Casillas will be missing through injury.
Real Madrid (probable)
D: Arbeloa, Ramos, Carvalho, Coentrao
M: Khedira, Modric
Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo
D: Coke, Fazio, Spahic, Navarro
M: Kondogbia, Medel
Navas, Moral, Reyes
Prediction: Much will depend on the mindset of Madrid’s players and the team selection of Jose Mourinho. There may be one or two changes with the Manchester United match in mind. Madrid’s strength at home should ensure a certain level of performance, but Sevilla have been much improved of late and could well come away with a point.
Real Madrid 2-2 Sevilla
Where to watch: The La Liga match will kick-off from the Bernabeu at 4 p.m. ET. Coverage will be provided by beIN Sport. A live stream, which you view at your own discretion, will be available here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects