How to Unlock iPhone 4/3G/3GS on iOS 6.1 Using Ultrasn0w Fixer [Tutorial]
By Vinod Yalburgi | February 9, 2013 8:52 PM EST
The Evad3rs Dream Team recently released the latest Ultrasn0w v1.2.8 with support for iOS 6.1 unlock on iPhone 4, 3G and 3GS running on older basebands. The new Ultrasn0w update released on Cydia supports the following basebands on select iPhone devices:
- iPhone 4 on baseband 01.59.00
- iPhone 3G/3GS on basebands 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 0.5.12.01, 05.13.04 or 06.15.00
iPhone 4 users with basebands 04.11.08, 04.12.01 or 04.12.02 and 3GS users with new bootROM cannot use the latest Ultrasn0w tool. Such users should try a legitimate IMEI unlocking service to unlock iOS 6.1 firmware.
- Make sure that the iPhone device baseband is listed above before proceeding with the Ultrasn0w unlock.
- Ensure that you preserve the older baseband (step-by-step guide) on your iPhone, as the device will update to newer baseband during iOS 6.1 firmware upgrade and disable unlocking capability for your device.
- Finally, users must ensure that their device is already jailbroken with the newly released evasi0n untethered jailbreak for iOS 6.1 (step-by-step guide) before unlocking with Ultrasn0w v1.2.8 (else the unlocking process will fail).
Here is a step-by-step guide to Unlock iPhone 4/3G/3GS on iOS 6.1 Using Ultrasn0w Fixer (courtesy of Lets Unlock iPhone):
Step 1: Once you have jailbroken your device using evasi0n untether, download and install the Ultrasn0w 6.1 package. To do so, launch Cydia and click Manage. Then select Source > Edit and choose Add this repo: http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com
Step 2: Go to Cydia Search and look for official Ultrasn0w Fixer 6.1 and install it.
Step 3: Go to Search again and find Ultrasn0w v1.2.8. Download and install it by adding the repo (check step 1): http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com
Step 4: Once the Ultrasn0w package is installed, reboot your iPhone.
Step 5: After the device is rebooted, wait for the carrier network signal to show up.
After the carrier network signal appears, your iPhone will be unlocked with Ultrasn0w Fixer for iOS 6.1. Now, you should be able to switch your carrier SIM.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices