Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United: Where to Watch Live, Preview and Team News
By Vishnuprasad S | February 9, 2013 7:38 PM EST
Goal-shy Tottenham Hotspur host in-form Newcastle United at White Hart Lane on Saturday 9 February.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 12.45pm GMT, with Sky Sports 2, Sky Sports HD 2, Sky Sports 3D and Sky Go providing live coverage in the UK. Live radio commentary is available on BBC 5 Live.
Spurs have had three draws in their last four Premier League matches, but finally managed a victory against West Bromwich Albion at the Hawthorns last week. Andre Villas-Boas' men are fourth in the table with 46 points, just one behind third-placed Chelsea.
The north London outfit have struggled to find the back of the net of late, with just four goals in their last five outings. However, the return of Emmanuel Adebayor will be a massive boost to Villas-Boas as the Portuguese tactician continues his efforts to guide the club to a Champions League berth.
Newcastle, on the other hand, have just recorded their first back-to-back wins of the season, with last week's 3-2 victory over Chelsea at St James' Park. January signing Moussa Sissoko was the standout performer of that match, the midfielder scoring twice to give the Magpies a crucial three points.
The successive victories have helped Alan Pardew's side build momentum and move away from the relegation zone. They are now 15th in the league table with 27 points, six above the drop zone.
The reverse fixture at St James' Park in August saw Newcastle beat Spurs 2-1, thanks to goals from former talisman Demba Ba and the currently sidelined Hatem Ben Arfa. Meanwhile, the same fixture last season saw Tottenham hammer the Magpies 5-0 at the Lane.
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): W D L D D
- Last Match: West Bromwich Albion 0 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): W W L D L
- Last Match: Newcastle United 3 - 2 Chelsea
Tottenham Hotspur: Jermain Defoe, who picked up an ankle injury in the 1-0 win against West Brom last week, has been ruled out for this clash. Spurs will evaluate Adebayor's fitness before deciding whether to start him. The Togo international has just returned from the Africa Cup of Nations but he is the only recognised senior striker available for Villas-Boas at the moment. Meanwhile, Sandro and Younes Kaboul (both knee) remain sidelined, though the latter is set to start training sessions later this week as he looks to regain fitness and make himself available before the end of the month.
Probable Line-up (4-2-3-1): Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto; Parker, Dembele; Lennon, Dempsey; Bale; Adebayor
Newcastle United: Cheick Tiote could feature for the Magpies in this clash, following Ivory Coast's quarter-final exit from the Africa Cup of Nation's last weekend. Ben Arfa's return from a hamstring injury has been delayed by a virus and the Frenchman is unlikely to be available for first team action before the end of the month. Ryan Taylor (knee) and Ryan Gosling (ankle) remain sidelined.
Probable Line-up (4-2-3-1): Krul; Debuchy, S Taylor, Colocinni, Santon; Tiote, Cabaye; Gutierrez, Sissoko, Gouffran; Cisse
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8