Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United: Where to Watch Live, Preview and Team News
By Vishnuprasad S | February 9, 2013 7:38 PM EST
Goal-shy Tottenham Hotspur host in-form Newcastle United at White Hart Lane on Saturday 9 February.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 12.45pm GMT, with Sky Sports 2, Sky Sports HD 2, Sky Sports 3D and Sky Go providing live coverage in the UK. Live radio commentary is available on BBC 5 Live.
Spurs have had three draws in their last four Premier League matches, but finally managed a victory against West Bromwich Albion at the Hawthorns last week. Andre Villas-Boas' men are fourth in the table with 46 points, just one behind third-placed Chelsea.
The north London outfit have struggled to find the back of the net of late, with just four goals in their last five outings. However, the return of Emmanuel Adebayor will be a massive boost to Villas-Boas as the Portuguese tactician continues his efforts to guide the club to a Champions League berth.
Newcastle, on the other hand, have just recorded their first back-to-back wins of the season, with last week's 3-2 victory over Chelsea at St James' Park. January signing Moussa Sissoko was the standout performer of that match, the midfielder scoring twice to give the Magpies a crucial three points.
The successive victories have helped Alan Pardew's side build momentum and move away from the relegation zone. They are now 15th in the league table with 27 points, six above the drop zone.
The reverse fixture at St James' Park in August saw Newcastle beat Spurs 2-1, thanks to goals from former talisman Demba Ba and the currently sidelined Hatem Ben Arfa. Meanwhile, the same fixture last season saw Tottenham hammer the Magpies 5-0 at the Lane.
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): W D L D D
- Last Match: West Bromwich Albion 0 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur
- Last Five Games (all competitions, most recent first): W W L D L
- Last Match: Newcastle United 3 - 2 Chelsea
Tottenham Hotspur: Jermain Defoe, who picked up an ankle injury in the 1-0 win against West Brom last week, has been ruled out for this clash. Spurs will evaluate Adebayor's fitness before deciding whether to start him. The Togo international has just returned from the Africa Cup of Nations but he is the only recognised senior striker available for Villas-Boas at the moment. Meanwhile, Sandro and Younes Kaboul (both knee) remain sidelined, though the latter is set to start training sessions later this week as he looks to regain fitness and make himself available before the end of the month.
Probable Line-up (4-2-3-1): Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto; Parker, Dembele; Lennon, Dempsey; Bale; Adebayor
Newcastle United: Cheick Tiote could feature for the Magpies in this clash, following Ivory Coast's quarter-final exit from the Africa Cup of Nation's last weekend. Ben Arfa's return from a hamstring injury has been delayed by a virus and the Frenchman is unlikely to be available for first team action before the end of the month. Ryan Taylor (knee) and Ryan Gosling (ankle) remain sidelined.
Probable Line-up (4-2-3-1): Krul; Debuchy, S Taylor, Colocinni, Santon; Tiote, Cabaye; Gutierrez, Sissoko, Gouffran; Cisse
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- UFC President Dana White Says He is Very Excited for Anderson Silva’s Comeback in January
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Claims that Fabregas will Play Best Football Under Him
- 10 Celebrities Who Took The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Chris Pratt & LeBron James [VIDEOS]
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff