Jeremy Lin Watch: Rockets-Blazers Where To Watch Live Online, Betting Odds, Prediction, Preview, Can The Houston Point Guard Continue His Hot Streak?
February 9, 2013 9:25 AM EST
The inside track for the Western Conference’s final playoff spot tips-off in Houston Friday night.
The Houston Rockets host the Portland Trailblazers at the Toyota Center, with point Jeremy Lin and Houston holding a one-game lead over Portland for the eighth seed. Their two previous meetings have gone to overtime, with Portland prevailing each time. A loss for the Rockets could hurt them down the road in the playoff race.
The Rockets countered a seven-game losing streak in January, with a 6-3 mark in their last nine games, and hope to make the playoffs for the first time since 2009.
Portland last made the postseason in 2011, when they lost to the eventual champion Dallas Mavericks in the first round.
The Blazers failed to gain some ground on Houston Wednesday night, when they fell to the struggling Mavericks 105-99 Wednesday. Portland kept up the Dallas for most of the night, but shot 6-for-18 in the fourth quarter, and struggled from the three-point line.
Power forward LaMarcus Aldridge pumped in 27 points and snagged 10 rebounds, while rookie sensation point guard Damian Lillard tallied 19 points and six assists.
Houston had no trouble from beyond the arc against the Golden State Warriors, tying the NBA record of 23 three-pointers in a single game on Tuesday, but couldn’t repeat that performance the next night in a 114-108 loss to the Miami Heat.
Guard James Harden continued his efficient scoring ways with a game-high 36 points, and Omer Asik netted 15 points and 14 rebounds, but the Rockets went 9-for-25 from three and committed 16 turnovers.
Lin struggled, going 3-for-10 for 13 points and three assists. Lin only attempted two three-pointers after going 5-for-8 against Golden State, and may look to re-find his stroke against Portland
Coverage of the game begins at 8 p.m. and will be broadcast by CSN Houston or CSNN depending on your region of the country. You can watch a live online stream of the game by purchasing NBA League Pass Broadband here.
Betting Odds: Houston is favored by 7 points
Over/Under: 211 points
Prediction: Harden and Lin should have a field day with Portland’s younger backcourt, while Asik and Aldridge trading blows down low. The team with the rebounding advantage should prevail, with Houston holding down home court.
Predicted Score: Houston 105, Portland 99
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June