Kristin Cavallari Defends Jay Cutler’s Proposal, Explains Why He Proposed By Mailing Ring
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 9, 2013 7:59 AM EST
Kristin Cavallari got her fiancé Jay Cutler into some hot water with sports reporters earlier this week when she revealed to E! News that the Chicago Bears quarterback proposed to her by sending her an engagement ring in the mail.
In a quote that has since been mocked mercilessly by sports reporters, Cavallari told the publication, “I was in the airport, leaving Chicago. We had just spent however many days together and we were texting and somehow it came up, like, 'Oh, shall we get married?' We're like, 'Yeah, OK.' And then he sent my ring in the mail. So I actually had my ring sitting at home for a couple of weeks before I put it on."
Cavallari and Cutler have been engaged since November of 2011 and already have a son together, who will turn one in August. But they’ve also had their share of ups and downs, splitting briefly after deciding to get engaged, which is why Cavallari got in touch with Access Hollywood to defend her beau.
"We got engaged almost two years ago in Cabo, and it was very romantic and sweet," Kristin told the publication in a phone interview. "Jay got down one knee and it was the whole thing."
"And then we broke up for literally like three weeks... before I did 'Dancing with the Stars,'" she said, referring to her brief period as a contestant on the televised dancing competition. "When we decided that we wanted to be engaged again, we weren't going see each other for months."
"So he did send me the ring in the mail, but it was only because I didn't want to wait too long to put my ring on," she said, in Cutler’s defense.
Cavallari added that she was shocked by how quickly the media had picked up the story, saying, “He is [getting hammered]!"
"I feel like sports writers are worse than tabloids - it's kind of crazy. They're not going to give him a break on this!” Cavallari said. "He's a really great guy - he just gets a bad rap here and there... People are making it a big deal when it's really not at all."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery