Kristin Cavallari Defends Jay Cutler’s Proposal, Explains Why He Proposed By Mailing Ring
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 9, 2013 7:59 AM EST
Kristin Cavallari got her fiancé Jay Cutler into some hot water with sports reporters earlier this week when she revealed to E! News that the Chicago Bears quarterback proposed to her by sending her an engagement ring in the mail.
In a quote that has since been mocked mercilessly by sports reporters, Cavallari told the publication, “I was in the airport, leaving Chicago. We had just spent however many days together and we were texting and somehow it came up, like, 'Oh, shall we get married?' We're like, 'Yeah, OK.' And then he sent my ring in the mail. So I actually had my ring sitting at home for a couple of weeks before I put it on."
Cavallari and Cutler have been engaged since November of 2011 and already have a son together, who will turn one in August. But they’ve also had their share of ups and downs, splitting briefly after deciding to get engaged, which is why Cavallari got in touch with Access Hollywood to defend her beau.
"We got engaged almost two years ago in Cabo, and it was very romantic and sweet," Kristin told the publication in a phone interview. "Jay got down one knee and it was the whole thing."
"And then we broke up for literally like three weeks... before I did 'Dancing with the Stars,'" she said, referring to her brief period as a contestant on the televised dancing competition. "When we decided that we wanted to be engaged again, we weren't going see each other for months."
"So he did send me the ring in the mail, but it was only because I didn't want to wait too long to put my ring on," she said, in Cutler’s defense.
Cavallari added that she was shocked by how quickly the media had picked up the story, saying, “He is [getting hammered]!"
"I feel like sports writers are worse than tabloids - it's kind of crazy. They're not going to give him a break on this!” Cavallari said. "He's a really great guy - he just gets a bad rap here and there... People are making it a big deal when it's really not at all."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June