Winter Storm Nemo: New York and US East Coast Braced for Blizzards [PHOTOS]
By Dominic Gover | February 9, 2013 6:17 AM EST
Winter storm Nemo has broken over the east coast of the United States triggering travel meltdown - and some very nice pictures of snowfall.
The winter storm is set to cripple air travel, with internal and transatlantic flights cancelled to New York and Boston, and public trasnport across huge areas of the East Coast.
Motorists have been hit too, with cars on roads stuck in snowdrifts and drivers forced to get out and push. Early forecasts predicted up to 3ft of snow in some areas.
Blizzard warnings are in place in Portland, Boston, Maine, Providence and New York City.
But the chaos was also a chance to snap snowy scenes as urban landscapes were transformed by Mother Nature's special effects, as these efforts below show.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Baby Corpses Found in Storage Locker in Canada
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- ISIS Taking U.S.-Airdropped Weapons An 'Embarrassment'; Another Yazidi Massacre Looming [VIDEO]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report