Winter Storm Nemo: New York and US East Coast Braced for Blizzards [PHOTOS]
By Dominic Gover | February 9, 2013 6:17 AM EST
Winter storm Nemo has broken over the east coast of the United States triggering travel meltdown - and some very nice pictures of snowfall.
The winter storm is set to cripple air travel, with internal and transatlantic flights cancelled to New York and Boston, and public trasnport across huge areas of the East Coast.
Motorists have been hit too, with cars on roads stuck in snowdrifts and drivers forced to get out and push. Early forecasts predicted up to 3ft of snow in some areas.
Blizzard warnings are in place in Portland, Boston, Maine, Providence and New York City.
But the chaos was also a chance to snap snowy scenes as urban landscapes were transformed by Mother Nature's special effects, as these efforts below show.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James