Winter Storm Nemo: New York and US East Coast Braced for Blizzards [PHOTOS]
By Dominic Gover | February 9, 2013 6:17 AM EST
Winter storm Nemo has broken over the east coast of the United States triggering travel meltdown - and some very nice pictures of snowfall.
The winter storm is set to cripple air travel, with internal and transatlantic flights cancelled to New York and Boston, and public trasnport across huge areas of the East Coast.
Motorists have been hit too, with cars on roads stuck in snowdrifts and drivers forced to get out and push. Early forecasts predicted up to 3ft of snow in some areas.
Blizzard warnings are in place in Portland, Boston, Maine, Providence and New York City.
But the chaos was also a chance to snap snowy scenes as urban landscapes were transformed by Mother Nature's special effects, as these efforts below show.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Sydney Siege Victim Katrina Dawson Killed by Man Haron Monis, Preliminary Report Suggests
- Sydney Siege Aftermath: Australia's Gun Laws May Be Under Review
- Australian Muslim Says Sorry for Sydney Siege
- Sweden Launches Website To Crack Down On Child Sex Tourists
- Rupert Murdoch Blasted For 'Insensitive' Tweet Over Bloody Outcome of Sydney Siege