The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update with build version XWLSD is rolling out for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 users. The update is currently available in countries including Italy, Spain and is compatible with several European countries.
4.1.2 XWLSD Jelly Bean firmware is available for Galaxy S2 I9100.
Version: Android 4.1.2
Region supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, UK
The XWLSD Jelly Bean is completely unbranded. It reportedly brings some enhancements and fixes a few bug issues found in the previous build.
Android 4.1.2 features for Galaxy S2 I9100
1) Buttery smooth performance and great stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
2) Full User Interface revamp (Same UI as the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2)
3) TouchWiz Nature UX
4) Samsung's Cloud services
5) New Lockscreen with many customisation options
6) New features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
7) New Widgets (From Galaxy S3)
8) Free 50GB Dropbox storage
9) Two Home screen modes
10) New Notification bar with more Notification toggles
11) Google Now
Galaxy S2 users, who wish to upgrade their handsets manually with Android 4.1.2 XWLSD Jelly Bean, may follow our step-by-step instruction guide below. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy S2 on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on]
3) Backup all important data before proceeding.
4) Ensure the battery of Galaxy S2 is charged above 80 per cent.
5) Users are advised to verify the model number of their devices, since the Android 4.1.2 XWLSD Jelly Bean works only with Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100, therefore, do not try this on any other variants.
6) The phone will lose root with the installation of the official firmware.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XWLSD Jelly Bean on Galaxy S2 I9100
1) Download Android 4.1.2 XWLSD Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 to the computer and extract the firmware zip file
2) Download Odin v1.85, which will help to install Jelly Bean firmware on Galaxy S2
3) Switch off the phone and then place the device into Download Mode. Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until the construction Android robot and a triangle appears. Now press the Power button again to enter into Download Mode
4) Run Odin on the computer
5) Plug in the USB cable to the phone to connect the phone with the computer while it is in the Download Mode. If the phone is connected successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step may take some time
6) In Odin select these files, which are extracted from the XWLSD folder, in the order mentioned below to install on the phone
a) Click on PDA and select file with CODE in its name
b) Click on Phone and select file with MODEM in its name
c) Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click on PIT and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore the last three steps if such files are not found.
7) In Odin, check the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time Options are selected. Ensure that Re-Partition option is also selected, in case a .PIT file is being used
8) Double check everything and finally click the Start button in Odin to begin the installation. The process will take a few minutes to complete
9) Once the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. When the Home screen appears, unplug the USB cable from the phone
The Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 is now updated and running on Android 4.1.2 XWLSD Jelly Bean official firmware. Head over to Settings>> About Phone to verify the software version installed on the phone.
Head over here to learn how to root Galaxy S2 I9100 on Android 4.1.2 XWLSD Jelly Bean.
[Source: Team Android]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: