German Teen Christine Hirmer Offered Brothel Vacancy by Job Centre
By Hannah Osborne | February 8, 2013 9:02 PM EST
A German job centre has offered a teenager work as a waitress at a brothel in Augsburg.
Christine Hirmer, 19, was offered a 42-hours-per-week job at the Colosseum brothel, serving drinks to those who use prostitutes at the establishment.
German newspaper Augsburger Allgemeine reports that Hirmier was mortified when she received the letter from the German Labour Office.
"I was looking for a decent housekeeping job - not working at a brothel bar," she told the local paper.
"I was totally shocked when I read the letter. My mother even started screaming out loud when she read the letter."
The job centre has since apologised for the "oversight", with Roland Fuerst, head of the labour office, saying the agency had made a mistake - even though it knew Colosseum was a brothel.
He said the office should have checked with Hirmer first to see if she would be willing to work in a brothel, rather than just sending her a letter suggesting she apply.
Sex and relaxation
Prostitution in Germany is legal and the Colosseum's website describes the venue as a "private nudists' and sauna club".
It boasts a huge "sex and relaxation" area: "Available for your pleasure is a lustful 'Sex and Relaxation Area', spread out over more than 2500 square metres.
"A sophisticated atmosphere and a generous Roman flair await you. No bounds are placed upon your imagination."
Colosseum also has a swimming pool, as well as a sauna world and plunge pool. The brochure reads: "Whether alone or together with a girl, you may use the swimming pool as often you like ... just the thing to freshen yourself up, for the temperatures in the Colosseum are "tropical" all the year round.
"In the Colosseum many saunas are available for your constant use. After visiting the sauna, [you have] a wide choice of showers... or simply jump in to the plunge pool/cooling basin - an ideal form of refreshment. Whether on your own or with a lady is entirely up to you."
Tickets to the Colosseum are priced at €50 (£42) on Mondays and the venue has over 40 "models".
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Has ‘Strict Style Guide,’ Expected To Wear Winter Wardrobes During Pregnancy
- New Zealand Pre-schooler Suffers Attack For Wearing A Jewish Cap; Anti-Semitic Act Condemned
- Bizarre Sex Abuse: Man Licks Woman’s Foot in Canada, Runs Away With Her Shoe
- Canadian Soldier Dies in 'Freak Accident' at Work
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues