German Teen Christine Hirmer Offered Brothel Vacancy by Job Centre
By Hannah Osborne | February 8, 2013 9:02 PM EST
A German job centre has offered a teenager work as a waitress at a brothel in Augsburg.
Christine Hirmer, 19, was offered a 42-hours-per-week job at the Colosseum brothel, serving drinks to those who use prostitutes at the establishment.
German newspaper Augsburger Allgemeine reports that Hirmier was mortified when she received the letter from the German Labour Office.
"I was looking for a decent housekeeping job - not working at a brothel bar," she told the local paper.
"I was totally shocked when I read the letter. My mother even started screaming out loud when she read the letter."
The job centre has since apologised for the "oversight", with Roland Fuerst, head of the labour office, saying the agency had made a mistake - even though it knew Colosseum was a brothel.
He said the office should have checked with Hirmer first to see if she would be willing to work in a brothel, rather than just sending her a letter suggesting she apply.
Sex and relaxation
Prostitution in Germany is legal and the Colosseum's website describes the venue as a "private nudists' and sauna club".
It boasts a huge "sex and relaxation" area: "Available for your pleasure is a lustful 'Sex and Relaxation Area', spread out over more than 2500 square metres.
"A sophisticated atmosphere and a generous Roman flair await you. No bounds are placed upon your imagination."
Colosseum also has a swimming pool, as well as a sauna world and plunge pool. The brochure reads: "Whether alone or together with a girl, you may use the swimming pool as often you like ... just the thing to freshen yourself up, for the temperatures in the Colosseum are "tropical" all the year round.
"In the Colosseum many saunas are available for your constant use. After visiting the sauna, [you have] a wide choice of showers... or simply jump in to the plunge pool/cooling basin - an ideal form of refreshment. Whether on your own or with a lady is entirely up to you."
Tickets to the Colosseum are priced at €50 (£42) on Mondays and the venue has over 40 "models".
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS