Mumbai Terror Attack Mastermind Making Mockery of America?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 8, 2013 6:53 PM EST
Lashkar-e-Taiba leader and Jamaat-ud-Dawa founder Hafiz Saeed, who has been accused of orchestrating the 2008 Mumbai attacks, is leading a fearless life and roaming free in Pakistan despite being one of the most-wanted militants.
The 64-year-old LeT leader is the key accused in the 26/11 attacks that killed more than 160 people and injured over 300. Last year, the United States announced a $10 million reward for information leading to his arrest, and the United Nations placed him on the terrorist list besides imposing sanctions on his group.
Saeed is leading a normal life at his sprawling Lahore home despite a $10 million dollar bounty on his head. He addresses public meetings, appears on prime-time television and even got the guts to speak to foreign media.
The LeT leader will get even more space to roam about if the United States pulls out its troops from Afghanistan in 2014 as planned. He will take the final call on his group's next move to fight against the west, join mainstream Pakistani politics or spread his network in Jammu and Kashmir.
Saeed was in the news recently after inviting Indian actor Shah Rukh Khan to move to Pakistan if he feels insecure in India.
He was reacting to Shah Rukh's article titled, "Being a Khan" in Outlook Turning Point where the actor described his experiences as a Muslim post 9/11 incident. Shah Rukh hit back saying that he is proud to be an Indian and is "extremely safe and happy".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS