Mumbai Terror Attack Mastermind Making Mockery of America?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 8, 2013 6:53 PM EST
Lashkar-e-Taiba leader and Jamaat-ud-Dawa founder Hafiz Saeed, who has been accused of orchestrating the 2008 Mumbai attacks, is leading a fearless life and roaming free in Pakistan despite being one of the most-wanted militants.
The 64-year-old LeT leader is the key accused in the 26/11 attacks that killed more than 160 people and injured over 300. Last year, the United States announced a $10 million reward for information leading to his arrest, and the United Nations placed him on the terrorist list besides imposing sanctions on his group.
Saeed is leading a normal life at his sprawling Lahore home despite a $10 million dollar bounty on his head. He addresses public meetings, appears on prime-time television and even got the guts to speak to foreign media.
The LeT leader will get even more space to roam about if the United States pulls out its troops from Afghanistan in 2014 as planned. He will take the final call on his group's next move to fight against the west, join mainstream Pakistani politics or spread his network in Jammu and Kashmir.
Saeed was in the news recently after inviting Indian actor Shah Rukh Khan to move to Pakistan if he feels insecure in India.
He was reacting to Shah Rukh's article titled, "Being a Khan" in Outlook Turning Point where the actor described his experiences as a Muslim post 9/11 incident. Shah Rukh hit back saying that he is proud to be an Indian and is "extremely safe and happy".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Gunman Killed In Brisbane Shoot-out On Live TV
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate