Mumbai Terror Attack Mastermind Making Mockery of America?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 8, 2013 6:53 PM EST
Lashkar-e-Taiba leader and Jamaat-ud-Dawa founder Hafiz Saeed, who has been accused of orchestrating the 2008 Mumbai attacks, is leading a fearless life and roaming free in Pakistan despite being one of the most-wanted militants.
The 64-year-old LeT leader is the key accused in the 26/11 attacks that killed more than 160 people and injured over 300. Last year, the United States announced a $10 million reward for information leading to his arrest, and the United Nations placed him on the terrorist list besides imposing sanctions on his group.
Saeed is leading a normal life at his sprawling Lahore home despite a $10 million dollar bounty on his head. He addresses public meetings, appears on prime-time television and even got the guts to speak to foreign media.
The LeT leader will get even more space to roam about if the United States pulls out its troops from Afghanistan in 2014 as planned. He will take the final call on his group's next move to fight against the west, join mainstream Pakistani politics or spread his network in Jammu and Kashmir.
Saeed was in the news recently after inviting Indian actor Shah Rukh Khan to move to Pakistan if he feels insecure in India.
He was reacting to Shah Rukh's article titled, "Being a Khan" in Outlook Turning Point where the actor described his experiences as a Muslim post 9/11 incident. Shah Rukh hit back saying that he is proud to be an Indian and is "extremely safe and happy".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- Ebola Virus 'Rapidly Mutating' as Research Finds Almost 400 Mutations; International Aid Moves at a Snail's Pace
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Shocking Ice Bucket Challenge Video: Man Drenches 10-Month-Old Granddaughter, Video Garnered Angry And Appalled Comments From Viewers
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans