Mumbai Terror Attack Mastermind Making Mockery of America?
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 8, 2013 6:53 PM EST
Lashkar-e-Taiba leader and Jamaat-ud-Dawa founder Hafiz Saeed, who has been accused of orchestrating the 2008 Mumbai attacks, is leading a fearless life and roaming free in Pakistan despite being one of the most-wanted militants.
The 64-year-old LeT leader is the key accused in the 26/11 attacks that killed more than 160 people and injured over 300. Last year, the United States announced a $10 million reward for information leading to his arrest, and the United Nations placed him on the terrorist list besides imposing sanctions on his group.
Saeed is leading a normal life at his sprawling Lahore home despite a $10 million dollar bounty on his head. He addresses public meetings, appears on prime-time television and even got the guts to speak to foreign media.
The LeT leader will get even more space to roam about if the United States pulls out its troops from Afghanistan in 2014 as planned. He will take the final call on his group's next move to fight against the west, join mainstream Pakistani politics or spread his network in Jammu and Kashmir.
Saeed was in the news recently after inviting Indian actor Shah Rukh Khan to move to Pakistan if he feels insecure in India.
He was reacting to Shah Rukh's article titled, "Being a Khan" in Outlook Turning Point where the actor described his experiences as a Muslim post 9/11 incident. Shah Rukh hit back saying that he is proud to be an Indian and is "extremely safe and happy".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Of Cambridge ‘Dissed’ By Camilla Parker-Bowles; Delivery Expected In April- Reports
- 'Green Alien Eggs' Spotted on Sydney's Dee Why Beach
- Drag Queens Fume That Facebook Is Banning Aliases And Threaten to Drop Out Of It
- British Teenager Wants Her Leg Cut To be Able To Compete At Paralympics – Watch Video
- Pope Francis, Catholic Church Key To Climate Change Effort
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia