Ferguson Considering Summer Move for Kagawa's Compatriot - Report
By Vishnuprasad S | February 8, 2013 6:36 PM EST
Manchester United are reportedly weighing up a summer move for Inter Milan wing-back Yuto Nagatomo.
The 26-year-old has established himself as a regular name in the Nerazzurri line-up, after moving to the Giuseppe Meazza from Cesena two years ago. According to the Daily Express, Sir Alex Ferguson is now keen on making an approach for the versatile Japan international, who can also operate in midfield.
Nagatomo has made 28 appearances in all competitions for Inter this season, scoring twice. The report says United scouts have been watching the player in action of late. The defender has also been linked to Real Madrid - something he considers an honour.
Nagatomo, who has 54 senior caps for Japan, could link up with compatriot Shinji Kagawa, if a move to Old Trafford materialises.
Rooney Cools Title Talk
Meanwhile, Wayne Rooney insists United still have a lot to do to clinch the Premier League title this season.
The Red Devils are nine points clear of derby rivals and second-placed Manchester City, with 13 matches remaining in the campaign. However, the England international refuses to get carried away and feels getting the right results now is more important than ever.
"Results are the most important thing now. Look at Manchester City against QPR. They should have got the win, had a lot of chances but ended up dropping two points. That could quite easily have happened to us against Southampton the following night," Rooney told ESPN.
"It proves we have to keep picking up the points when we can. Once it comes down to the last four or five games, then we will see what position we are in and work out what we have to do," the forward added.
United welcome Rooney's former club Everton to Old Trafford this weekend.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- Raining Discounts: $100 Price Cut on Moto X; LG G3 Available for $100 On-Contract; Sony Xperia Z2 on Release Date Gets $50 Price Cut (U.S.)