Ferguson Considering Summer Move for Kagawa's Compatriot - Report
By Vishnuprasad S | February 8, 2013 6:36 PM EST
Manchester United are reportedly weighing up a summer move for Inter Milan wing-back Yuto Nagatomo.
The 26-year-old has established himself as a regular name in the Nerazzurri line-up, after moving to the Giuseppe Meazza from Cesena two years ago. According to the Daily Express, Sir Alex Ferguson is now keen on making an approach for the versatile Japan international, who can also operate in midfield.
Nagatomo has made 28 appearances in all competitions for Inter this season, scoring twice. The report says United scouts have been watching the player in action of late. The defender has also been linked to Real Madrid - something he considers an honour.
Nagatomo, who has 54 senior caps for Japan, could link up with compatriot Shinji Kagawa, if a move to Old Trafford materialises.
Rooney Cools Title Talk
Meanwhile, Wayne Rooney insists United still have a lot to do to clinch the Premier League title this season.
The Red Devils are nine points clear of derby rivals and second-placed Manchester City, with 13 matches remaining in the campaign. However, the England international refuses to get carried away and feels getting the right results now is more important than ever.
"Results are the most important thing now. Look at Manchester City against QPR. They should have got the win, had a lot of chances but ended up dropping two points. That could quite easily have happened to us against Southampton the following night," Rooney told ESPN.
"It proves we have to keep picking up the points when we can. Once it comes down to the last four or five games, then we will see what position we are in and work out what we have to do," the forward added.
United welcome Rooney's former club Everton to Old Trafford this weekend.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier