Ferguson Considering Summer Move for Kagawa's Compatriot - Report
By Vishnuprasad S | February 8, 2013 6:36 PM EST
Manchester United are reportedly weighing up a summer move for Inter Milan wing-back Yuto Nagatomo.
The 26-year-old has established himself as a regular name in the Nerazzurri line-up, after moving to the Giuseppe Meazza from Cesena two years ago. According to the Daily Express, Sir Alex Ferguson is now keen on making an approach for the versatile Japan international, who can also operate in midfield.
Nagatomo has made 28 appearances in all competitions for Inter this season, scoring twice. The report says United scouts have been watching the player in action of late. The defender has also been linked to Real Madrid - something he considers an honour.
Nagatomo, who has 54 senior caps for Japan, could link up with compatriot Shinji Kagawa, if a move to Old Trafford materialises.
Rooney Cools Title Talk
Meanwhile, Wayne Rooney insists United still have a lot to do to clinch the Premier League title this season.
The Red Devils are nine points clear of derby rivals and second-placed Manchester City, with 13 matches remaining in the campaign. However, the England international refuses to get carried away and feels getting the right results now is more important than ever.
"Results are the most important thing now. Look at Manchester City against QPR. They should have got the win, had a lot of chances but ended up dropping two points. That could quite easily have happened to us against Southampton the following night," Rooney told ESPN.
"It proves we have to keep picking up the points when we can. Once it comes down to the last four or five games, then we will see what position we are in and work out what we have to do," the forward added.
United welcome Rooney's former club Everton to Old Trafford this weekend.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers