Ferguson Considering Summer Move for Kagawa's Compatriot - Report
By Vishnuprasad S | February 8, 2013 6:36 PM EST
Manchester United are reportedly weighing up a summer move for Inter Milan wing-back Yuto Nagatomo.
The 26-year-old has established himself as a regular name in the Nerazzurri line-up, after moving to the Giuseppe Meazza from Cesena two years ago. According to the Daily Express, Sir Alex Ferguson is now keen on making an approach for the versatile Japan international, who can also operate in midfield.
Nagatomo has made 28 appearances in all competitions for Inter this season, scoring twice. The report says United scouts have been watching the player in action of late. The defender has also been linked to Real Madrid - something he considers an honour.
Nagatomo, who has 54 senior caps for Japan, could link up with compatriot Shinji Kagawa, if a move to Old Trafford materialises.
Rooney Cools Title Talk
Meanwhile, Wayne Rooney insists United still have a lot to do to clinch the Premier League title this season.
The Red Devils are nine points clear of derby rivals and second-placed Manchester City, with 13 matches remaining in the campaign. However, the England international refuses to get carried away and feels getting the right results now is more important than ever.
"Results are the most important thing now. Look at Manchester City against QPR. They should have got the win, had a lot of chances but ended up dropping two points. That could quite easily have happened to us against Southampton the following night," Rooney told ESPN.
"It proves we have to keep picking up the points when we can. Once it comes down to the last four or five games, then we will see what position we are in and work out what we have to do," the forward added.
United welcome Rooney's former club Everton to Old Trafford this weekend.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28