How I Met Your Mother Season 9: 5 Legendary Ways Season Could Be 'How I Met Your Father'
By Arlene Paredes | February 8, 2013 4:31 PM EST
How I Met Your Mother Season 9 is going to be a farewell offering tied in a neat ribbon, as hinted by creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, who dished "a new way to tell the story" up ahead.
"That's one of the few remaining tricks up our sleeves," Thomas told TVGuide when asked for clues on how the mother will be introduced in the series. But he asked fans to expect "a new way to tell the story." He tickled fans' imagination more when he said, "You're never going to mistake a Season 9 episode from one of the previous eight."
From the subtle hints dropped, many fans are quick to predict HIMYM Season 9 will be a story in the direction of "How I Met Your Father."
Here are 5 Legen - waitforit - dary Ways HIMYM Could Be "How I Met Your Father."
1. Mother makes appearance in the HIMYM Season 8 finale 'extro.' The wedding of Robin and Barney has taken a life of its own in the previous HIMYM finales. This time, the mother could appear towards the last half-minute of the episode just to say, "And kids, that's how I met your father."
2. Mother dishes her version of the story. When a father tells this very long story about how he met the mother of his kids, the listeners always wonder about the other side. What if kids called out to their mother just to hear her say on Ted's versions?
3. Mother butts-in to add details to previously told stories. The mother could enter within the first minute of the episode to say, "Kids, remember the time your father stole my yellow umbrella on St. Patrick's Day?" Or, "Remember when your dad gave this full spiel to the wrong class?"
4. Mother takes control of storytelling right from Season 9 premiere. This way, all the burning questions will be answered towards the closing of the series. Ted Mosby can continue with his own narration a couple of episodes towards the ultimate finale. But he tells the rest with the mother.
5. Mother picks up the story from the time Ted Mosby stood her up. Many seasons ago, when Lily was considering running away for her artist's dream, Ted was about to meet someone very compatible to him. This unseen woman is from the same dating company whose only match for Ted was already engaged. But Ted changed his mind about meeting her because he was still into Robin. And that's why Robin is his biggest "letting go" chapter.
How I Met Your Mother has now gone past half of Season 8. Josh Radnor made sense when he said Season 9 is going to be their victory lap.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage