How I Met Your Mother Season 9: 5 Legendary Ways Season Could Be 'How I Met Your Father'
By Arlene Paredes | February 8, 2013 4:31 PM EST
How I Met Your Mother Season 9 is going to be a farewell offering tied in a neat ribbon, as hinted by creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, who dished "a new way to tell the story" up ahead.
"That's one of the few remaining tricks up our sleeves," Thomas told TVGuide when asked for clues on how the mother will be introduced in the series. But he asked fans to expect "a new way to tell the story." He tickled fans' imagination more when he said, "You're never going to mistake a Season 9 episode from one of the previous eight."
From the subtle hints dropped, many fans are quick to predict HIMYM Season 9 will be a story in the direction of "How I Met Your Father."
Here are 5 Legen - waitforit - dary Ways HIMYM Could Be "How I Met Your Father."
1. Mother makes appearance in the HIMYM Season 8 finale 'extro.' The wedding of Robin and Barney has taken a life of its own in the previous HIMYM finales. This time, the mother could appear towards the last half-minute of the episode just to say, "And kids, that's how I met your father."
2. Mother dishes her version of the story. When a father tells this very long story about how he met the mother of his kids, the listeners always wonder about the other side. What if kids called out to their mother just to hear her say on Ted's versions?
3. Mother butts-in to add details to previously told stories. The mother could enter within the first minute of the episode to say, "Kids, remember the time your father stole my yellow umbrella on St. Patrick's Day?" Or, "Remember when your dad gave this full spiel to the wrong class?"
4. Mother takes control of storytelling right from Season 9 premiere. This way, all the burning questions will be answered towards the closing of the series. Ted Mosby can continue with his own narration a couple of episodes towards the ultimate finale. But he tells the rest with the mother.
5. Mother picks up the story from the time Ted Mosby stood her up. Many seasons ago, when Lily was considering running away for her artist's dream, Ted was about to meet someone very compatible to him. This unseen woman is from the same dating company whose only match for Ted was already engaged. But Ted changed his mind about meeting her because he was still into Robin. And that's why Robin is his biggest "letting go" chapter.
How I Met Your Mother has now gone past half of Season 8. Josh Radnor made sense when he said Season 9 is going to be their victory lap.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Make Their Big Brother Proud
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports