How I Met Your Mother Season 9: 5 Legendary Ways Season Could Be 'How I Met Your Father'
By Arlene Paredes | February 8, 2013 4:31 PM EST
How I Met Your Mother Season 9 is going to be a farewell offering tied in a neat ribbon, as hinted by creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, who dished "a new way to tell the story" up ahead.
"That's one of the few remaining tricks up our sleeves," Thomas told TVGuide when asked for clues on how the mother will be introduced in the series. But he asked fans to expect "a new way to tell the story." He tickled fans' imagination more when he said, "You're never going to mistake a Season 9 episode from one of the previous eight."
From the subtle hints dropped, many fans are quick to predict HIMYM Season 9 will be a story in the direction of "How I Met Your Father."
Here are 5 Legen - waitforit - dary Ways HIMYM Could Be "How I Met Your Father."
1. Mother makes appearance in the HIMYM Season 8 finale 'extro.' The wedding of Robin and Barney has taken a life of its own in the previous HIMYM finales. This time, the mother could appear towards the last half-minute of the episode just to say, "And kids, that's how I met your father."
2. Mother dishes her version of the story. When a father tells this very long story about how he met the mother of his kids, the listeners always wonder about the other side. What if kids called out to their mother just to hear her say on Ted's versions?
3. Mother butts-in to add details to previously told stories. The mother could enter within the first minute of the episode to say, "Kids, remember the time your father stole my yellow umbrella on St. Patrick's Day?" Or, "Remember when your dad gave this full spiel to the wrong class?"
4. Mother takes control of storytelling right from Season 9 premiere. This way, all the burning questions will be answered towards the closing of the series. Ted Mosby can continue with his own narration a couple of episodes towards the ultimate finale. But he tells the rest with the mother.
5. Mother picks up the story from the time Ted Mosby stood her up. Many seasons ago, when Lily was considering running away for her artist's dream, Ted was about to meet someone very compatible to him. This unseen woman is from the same dating company whose only match for Ted was already engaged. But Ted changed his mind about meeting her because he was still into Robin. And that's why Robin is his biggest "letting go" chapter.
How I Met Your Mother has now gone past half of Season 8. Josh Radnor made sense when he said Season 9 is going to be their victory lap.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS