New York Fashion Week: BCBGMAXAZRIA's Strata Of Textures For Fall 2013 [PHOTOS]
By Nadine DeNinno | February 8, 2013 1:06 PM EST
On the opening day of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York, BCBGMAXAZRIA debuted its Fall 2013 collection with a heavy focus on texture and layering.
Drawing inspiration from Ankara, Turkey’s second largest metropolis, designers Max and Lubov Azria played with layering, but much more streamlined chic than bag-lady.
The strata of textures, a Fall staple, also had a mix of prints, textures and fabrics from leather to wool to fur to chiffon, bringing freedom to the cold weather concept. Wool crewneck sweaters were topped on boxy dresses and tunics paired with leather leggings.
"It sounds a little crazy, but it's also a little bit hippie. It's different than what we've been doing," Max Azria said backstage before the show, a departure from the Spring 2013 collection’s boudoir bondage vibe.
A variety of Fall shades including neutrals, black, white, charcoal, dark blue and chocolate brown added to the care-free vibe, all topped off with a simple black hat.
But had you not shifted your focus downward from the hats, you’d could have missed (impossible, but distractions do happen) the sleekest thigh high stiletto boots known to man. An optical illusion, the shoe appears to be just your average pointy-toed stiletto until the ankle when it transforms into a sexy thigh high boot. Consider it layering for footwear.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
- Kim Kardashian Shares A Preview Of Her Looks For Upcoming Hype Energy Drink Commercial
- Chloe Grace Moretz Graces Cover of Allure Magazine: Reveals Beauty Secrets, Talks About 'If I Stay' [SEE VIDEO]
- Kelly Osbourne Hires Kim Kardashian's Manufacturer to Launch Her Fashion Clothing Line
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff