New York Fashion Week: BCBGMAXAZRIA's Strata Of Textures For Fall 2013 [PHOTOS]
By Nadine DeNinno | February 8, 2013 1:06 PM EST
On the opening day of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in New York, BCBGMAXAZRIA debuted its Fall 2013 collection with a heavy focus on texture and layering.
Drawing inspiration from Ankara, Turkey’s second largest metropolis, designers Max and Lubov Azria played with layering, but much more streamlined chic than bag-lady.
The strata of textures, a Fall staple, also had a mix of prints, textures and fabrics from leather to wool to fur to chiffon, bringing freedom to the cold weather concept. Wool crewneck sweaters were topped on boxy dresses and tunics paired with leather leggings.
"It sounds a little crazy, but it's also a little bit hippie. It's different than what we've been doing," Max Azria said backstage before the show, a departure from the Spring 2013 collection’s boudoir bondage vibe.
A variety of Fall shades including neutrals, black, white, charcoal, dark blue and chocolate brown added to the care-free vibe, all topped off with a simple black hat.
But had you not shifted your focus downward from the hats, you’d could have missed (impossible, but distractions do happen) the sleekest thigh high stiletto boots known to man. An optical illusion, the shoe appears to be just your average pointy-toed stiletto until the ankle when it transforms into a sexy thigh high boot. Consider it layering for footwear.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Top 3 Nail Art Designs For Halloween 2014
- Top 3 Halloween 2014 Makeup Looks To Try
- Designer Tom Ford Talks About Living In Early Days Of AIDS Epidemic, 'Cancer Was Something To Celebrate'
- Miranda Kerr And Orlando Bloom 'Love And Care For Each Other'
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West And Baby North West Makes Up André Leon Talley 'First Fashion Family'
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2